regattas

I can't help you with the regattas listed, but as some of your 'Arrows' have attended our regatta in previous years, I thought this information may be helpful as well.

Koonawarra Bay 14ft Catamaran Regatta

10th & 11th February 2007

(it is always the second full weekend in February)

Koonawarra Bay Sailing Club

Kanahooka Point, Lake Illawarra, just south of Wollongong.

Regards,

Dave.

The Concord Ryde Marathon use to be one of my favorite events...... Shame it crashed and burned.

Talking to some of the CRSC comittee members a few years ago, doubtfull it will ever return.

I will post Kurnells Regatta dates soon. Just finalising the calander now.

Originally posted by tornado:

The Concord Ryde Marathon use to be one of my favorite events...... Shame it crashed and burned.

Talking to some of the CRSC comittee members a few years ago, doubtfull it will ever return.

I will post Kurnells Regatta dates soon. Just finalising the calander now.

Yes it was a great event. Pain sometimes coming home in a dying N. Easter but now with so many cats using kites..........

Maybe it could be resurrected? Possibly even a co-organisation between CRSC and Woollarah?

[This message has been edited by berny (edited 07 July 2006).]

Does anyone remember the Sydney Harbour Marathon???

It started at Clontarf and sailed to Fort Denison, back around a marker up in Manly and then back to Clontarf.

It was sensational. I think it was arranged by The Sailing Scene or whoever it was who used to operate out of the Spit premises.

I sailed it three times, once in what was over 20 knots around Bradleys Head.

There was also the handicapped Cronulla Marathon starting just near the club and sailing out to Boat Harbour. I sailed that twice and both times came second on my 5.8.

We gave a yacht a 55 minute start and got him with about 500m to go.

Archived