Nats 2006

humungus2

What is everyone doing in preparation for the 2006 Nationals? I have not been able to do much sailing but have started listening to Eminem if that helps... "Just Lost It" seems an appropriate song with the expected strong wind conditions in January!

Lets hear some of the other ways people are preparing for what could well be a more challenging series than Wangi smile.gif

Who are the golden oldies coming ?

The top dog is ready to flog you guys who think they are any good. I sail at my club every weekend and no one can come near me. The secret is a new sail. These foam sandwich hull suck. Just because they are light dosn't mean they are tough. Even still they will still be quick enough the whop NSW wankers.

Hi Top Dog, will be good to see you at the Nationals. Guess you have not actually seen one of the foam sandwich boats before, there would be 2 of these at the Nationals.

There is a minimum weight that all maricats need to comply with in order to race in the Nationals, this is no different for the foam boats which will be on minimum weight.

The foam boats are quite a bit stronger than the old mari's. You might want to give Brisbane Catamarans a call and check one out?

Agree with you though that a good sail makes more difference.

cheers !

Hey I'm loooking forward to the nationals. I just want to know whether the race on the 2/1/06 is an invitation race as previously stated on this forum. I also need to leave my boat and trailer near mannering park from the 23/12/05 to the start of the nationals. If anyone can help out can you please call me on 44435196 thanks

Lachy Pudney

This was something I had posted on the F14 site... just copying it here since it is about maricats smile.gif

"New Site looks great.. love the pics they are inspiring.

There is also the option to spend $4000 on a set of new maricat foam sandwich hulls - cheaper than a windrush and very well built by Brisbane Catamarans.

The increased cost for the foam sandwich construction over glass is 19%. Although this does not give anywhere near the standard of Daryl's craft it is still a reasonably inexpensive entry point to sailing 14ft Catamarans. There are numerous maricats around with good gear/new sails and old heavy hulls just waiting for this upgrade. Most of the fleet has hulls over 20 years old."

cheers !

Archived