14 Challenge

Emmessee

Dave,

I have been happy with both the standard Adams sail and the Adams Square Top. I was also happy with the Flower Main although it was a bit too flat for a 90kg+ skipper.

What I did find with the Adams main was that the drive seemed to be a bit far forward. I was able to correct this by changing the top 4 battens with significantly stiffer ones. This was done on advice by Ian Marcovitch. Geoff Adams suggested that I could also just exchange the top battens for blanks. The sail was still performing well without the change to battens, I just did not like the look of it. I feel happier with it now.

Will call you as soon as I get back.

cheers !

JOHN,

THANKS FOR THE BATTEN ADVICE, JEFF ADAMS WAS OF THE SAME OPINION THAT i MAY BE HOOKING SAIL DUE TO MY WEIGHT AND POWER ON MAINSHEET CAUSING SAIL TO DROP OF POINT AND LOOSE POWER... MY MIDDLE LEACH TELLTAILS IS NOT FLOWING NOW, SO THIS MAY BE THE PROBLEM TOO..

WILL SEEK INFO FROM YOU AS TO WHAT LEVEL OF STIFFNES REQUIRED FOR US HEAVIES...WAYNE WAS WAY AHEAD OF ME AT KEMBLA SO WAS JEFF REID /HAVOC BUT I MANAGED TO KEEP INFRONT OF LACHLAN IN THE 2ND RACE THOUGH HE WAS POINTING A LOT HIGHER THAN ME....

NEED TO STIFFEN MY DOLPHIN WIRE TOO AS I HAVE NOTICED IT STRETCHING ALLOWING THE BOWS TO ALSO SPREAD UNDER MAIN TENSION.... HAVE ALSO ADJUSTED STEP BLOCK TO ALLOW ANOTHER 7.23mm of ROTATION USING ALUMINOX PUTTY TO FILL THE HOLLOWS? HOPE IT IS NOT TOO OLD AND GOES OFF....

GOTTA GET THE OLD GAL GOING FOR THE NATS AT PORT....

CHEERS

DAVE

I have also had to increase rotation about 10mm due mostly to the increased fullness of the sail. I had the hollows under the step filled by an aluminimum welder before cutting back the stops. Also took a bit off the front on the stops of the mast base to even out the contact between the stops.. basically just rounded the front off.

I am not having a problem with the sail hooking now.

Good to hear that Geoff is still going fast, should be an interesting Nationals smile.gif

Well, since it looks like we will be sailing in the river at Port Maquarie, boatspeed will not be such a critical factor.

RETRO COLOURS

Saw the discussion regards using the 'old' sails with colour in them. Why did they stop making the sails with colours in ?, or moreover why aren't they popular (as i guess you can still get coloured sails still)

Last time sailing i noticed all the cat sails were white - BORING !! - have colour in your life - ITS FUN !!

Laters

Cat

• 4 weeks later...

G'day all,

The flyer for the Koonawarra Bay 14ft Cat Regatta has now been published on the club's web site at www.koonawarrabaysc.org.au

This contains probably all the information you need, but if people have any questions, please post them here or contact me on the numbers listed on the flyer.

Regards,

Dave Stumbles

Regatta Coordinator

Koonawarra Bay SC

Archived