Caper cat 14 pics

Have just bought a Caper Cat 14 in reasonable condition, but it's missing some rigging, block, traveller and bits and pieces. i want to put it back together again as close as possible to the original, so wondering if anyone has photos of a properly rigged one they could email or send a link to? I tried Calypso for an owners manual or something, but no luck. they are sending me a parts list, so that will help, but some pics would be great.

Cheers, Will

• 2 months later...

Where are you located ?.I have lots of Caper parts, in Maroochydore Qld..

Originally posted by WillH:

Have just bought a Caper Cat 14 in reasonable condition, but it's missing some rigging, block, traveller and bits and pieces. i want to put it back together again as close as possible to the original, so wondering if anyone has photos of a properly rigged one they could email or send a link to? I tried Calypso for an owners manual or something, but no luck. they are sending me a parts list, so that will help, but some pics would be great.

Cheers, Will

I'm in Newcastle NSW. Was able to get all the Caper parts from Calypso and standard stuff from here. Good to know there's someone around with spares though and will be in contact though if something breaks and it's something that could be posted

Hi Will, I saw a couple of Capers in a yard at Maitland last week, they were on either Allen Walsh, or Ken Tubman Drive, easy to see. If you could get down to Mannering Park I would give you a hand to sort the boat out, or, give me a call on 43591729. Would like to see you at one of our regattas, we havn't had a caper at our 14' cat regatta.

Thanks for that, will check out the capers in Maitland, I'm up there a bit for work. The caper gets her maiden voyage this weekend so we'll see how it goes. Will look at getting down to Mannering Park for a sail when it warms up a bit I reckon, sounds good

• 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 3 July 2009 at 2:33 AM, darcy1945 said:

Hi Will, I saw a couple of Capers in a yard at Maitland last week, they were on either Allen Walsh, or Ken Tubman Drive, easy to see. If you could get down to Mannering Park I would give you a hand to sort the boat out, or, give me a call on 43591729. Would like to see you at one of our regattas, we havn't had a caper at our 14' cat regatta.

I think I have one of these Caper Cats , my brother in law brought 4 or five as a job lot from up that way, they're ex hire cats, any how his brother took one his mate got another and he took one the rest were parted out to get 3 on the go, he lost interest and after it was sitting in the paddock at my parents for a few years my brother in law gave it to me, I spent $50 or $60 on a few missing shackles and other bits paid the rego on the trailer and we've been saying it every day as a family cat down the south coast and having a ball, if this keeps up we'll give it a birthday and keep using her.

She's rough as bags so my son named her the feral cat

Archived