paper tigers online???

HooD

G'day Hood,

This is my fault. The international site (papertigercatamaran.org) has had minor updates since then, but the APTCA site has not. The international site is being reviewed at the moment with a new, easier to update site in the process of being built.

Usually, the host state of the Nationals looks after publishing the results live for that event. I am not aware of any live publishing of results for the current series being held in Victoria, but if I hear of any I will post something here.

Often an event website is created for a Nationals but, again, I not aware of this for the current Nationals, other than any info being published on the Victorian PTCA site.

I can tell you that the first three races of the Nationals will be held today.

The next Paper Tiger Internationals, which will be held at Koonawarra Bay SC in NSW over Easter, has its own website, which is already up and running. You can find it at http://internationals2009.papertigercatamaran.org

My apologies for not having been on the ball with the sites in recent times.

Regards,

Dave.

• 4 months later...

G'day Mick,

Neil Waterman and I are working frantically on getting the revised site up and going. He will be doing another slab of work on it tonight. We are hoping to have it up and away by the end of this week. It is a complete re-build using new technology, so there have been a few hurdles along the way.

However, in the meantime, I am more than happy to post answers to your questions right here, or you can send me a text message with your e-mail address to me on 0400 476 449 and I will contact you directly. Or feel free to call me on that number and discuss anything you want to know about the Paper Tiger class.

The class is undergoing a bit of a resurgence, especially in New Zealand and South Africa, while still maintaining strong fleets here in Australia.

I would be interested to know where you are located.

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Dave Stumbles

Secretary

Paper Tiger Catamaran International Association

+61 (0) 400 476 449

post-22868-13776299153667_thumb.jpg

post-22868-13776299153921_thumb.jpg

post-22868-13776299154234_thumb.jpg

post-22868-13776299154683_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dave,

Am in north west Tasmania; cats appear to be having a bit of a resurgence in this part of the world. Mostly Mosquito's, but other classes are turning up.

Looking forward to browsing the new website; no doubt it will answer many of my questions.

Regards,

Mick

post-22877-13776299152465_thumb.jpg

post-22877-13776299152926_thumb.jpg

G'day Mick,

There is a fleet of PTs down at Lauderdale that has the previous International Champion (Bruce Rose) amongst them.

They are investigating the possibility of Tasmania hosting the 2010/11 Paper Tiger Nationals. We will know in about a month if that is going to happen. If so, that would give you about 20 months to get a boat and get prepared for the event in your home state. Definitely worth considering! On both occasions it has been held in Tasmania previously, we had fleets of around 40 boats.

I know too that following the recent Internationals (at Easter in NSW), two good boats were bought and taken back to Tasmania, so the fleet is continuing to build there.

The new website is getting there. A bit to look at already (www.papertigercatamaran.org)

Regards,

Dave.

Love your enthusiasm, HooD!

Hopefully a decision will be reached within the next couple of weeks. I presume you know Bruce Rose? If so, he will be the main source of info if it gets the go-ahead. As a reference for the sorts of things we normally have on an event website, you might like to check out the site for the recent Internationals:

http://internationals2009.papertigercatamaran.org

Also, as the one who first posted about the lack of updates on www.papertigercatamaran.org , we would welcome your feedback on the changes that have been happening on that site recently. Please note that it is still being developed, so numerous links in the menu don't yet have pages. Information is being added every day. But, given that it is still in progress, we would welcome your thoughts on the changes and the structure.

Regards,

Dave Stumbles

Secretary

Paper Tiger Catamaran International Association

www.papertigercatamaran.org

Hi Dave

The new PT site looks brilliant, I really like the color scheme, the layout is good and quite easy to navigate.

in the suggestion box would go a twitter page, (even SA has a twitter site now) and some youtube video.

The tybee 500 has just been run and their website for the event was great, plan on drawing some inspiration from there too. www.tybee500.com

yeah I have known Bruce for a long time now, good sailor and getting to be an ok coach for the locals.

For those who came for the last nationals, sailing at lauderdale is nothing like the river. we have almost no tide and the bay is far more exposed so there will normally be good sized waves and wind.

smile.gif

Archived