Mannering Park Open Cat Regatta

Pointed Reply

22nd 23rd January 2011

Odd really where nobody pushes regatta's, I've noticed it in other places too.

Very much looking forward to it, if the weather is like today it'll be near perfect, just went over to Manno and the breeze was very nice, SE I think with a few whitecaps to blow away the naughties. Sun in full force, must be about 30.

Just waiting for the heat to dissipate before I set about repairing boats!

So if the wids are up you will be swimming Eh Mick. You need to weigh under 100KG to be of any use on the wire Mick, and at last count you were over that. Can I suggest that if you propose trapping on the Mari that you get some practice on the mari as it is a different ball game to trapping on a larger boat.

Poor old Mick' date=' how does that song go, "the old grey mare she aint what she used to be". I under stand he is being flogged royally by his twin brother.[/quote']

It's one each. I am getting better every race. Still trying to settel in on the trap in the big winds. At lease I haven't gone in yet. Yes I saw Rodney and allowed him to get close to see how a champion sails.

• 3 weeks later...

Thirteen year old Zac came 5th overall in a star studded field, even with a DNF in race 6 due to a broken halyard.

I think it is a case of me being Zac's father, rather than the other way around !!

Another excellent Mannering Park regatta, excellent racing, great organisation, perfect weather and very nice warm water.

Archived