Wanted nacra 4.5

Sparky

Hi

I am new to sailing and am looking for a 2nd hand boat. A cat I can sail single or two up. I have been advised that a Nacra 4.5 is the way to go, and looking at the forums the information is pointing that way as well. I have been looking for a couple weeks now and they seem to be in short supply. If anyone has an idea on where I can find one or advise on if I am heading in the right direction. We are in Brisbane but prepared to travel anywhere in NSW up to central QLD.

I was in the same "boat" as you a month ago. I would assume that you're also open to other suggestions. There's plenty of guys here who'll give you the right advice, you might just need to be a little more specific though about what it is exactly that you want to get out of it. :)

Thanks guys I ended up buying a hobie 16 as I have a friend who is familiar with them. I know it is going to be a bit harder to learn on but I will have people around and I will be joining the samsonvale club when the lake opens again. My husband is a very competent windsurfer so he is a bank of knowledge about the wind but who ever wants to take direction from their husband. So I am pretty sure it will be all good. I plan on taking advantage of this forum as well and the sailing fraternity seems to be the most helpful and welcoming bunch of people.

I can't wait to take it out this weekend :)

Archived