looking for nacra 4.5 or 5.0

jasonkerri

4.5 Wanted.

Don't be put off by unsolicited remarks ,you are on the right track with a 4.5 . I have raced a 4.5 for some time and sailed against many Taipans and have never been beaten by a taipan on yardstick and only rarely for line honours . Nacra's are very well supported in North Queensland and i am sure once you have the right boat you will be extreamly happy with your choice . My suggestion is call Rosco and buy a new one as they have many worthwile improvements which will make the purchase worthwhile.

richard, you should read all of jasons post, he wants a cheap (not new) cat to take his kids out for a sail, something he will not lose money on if the kids dont take to the sport. I was simply suggesting that a wider range to select from usually results in some cheaper alternatives. As far as winning on yardstick, higher y/stick boats generally have an advantage over lower y/stick (read faster) boats. I sail a cat rigged Mari (y/s 94) and when I am beaten on y/s it is usually by a better sailed cat rigged 14, rarely anything bigger and faster (y/s 88 and less).

Archived