Alpha Omega 4.4's for sale in Vic and SA

QB2

I used to own the Alpha from VIC. Its not a fast boat in light but goes ok in over 10knt.

I replaced the sail with a pantex bighead after getting basic drawings from Darryl in Adelaide and handing them onto Lyndsay Irwin.

the guy that bought the boat from me couldnt sail at all and hasnt used it. Looks like the beach wheels are missing.

I now have the F14 Alpha.....its a total rocket unlike the 4.4 being discussed here. Dont get confused over the 2 boats

post-5949-13778265563287_thumb.jpg

i weighed 116kg when i sailed mine and it was awesome i loved the wave percing design and the ridged construction. i had sail number 182 or some were abouts. the cross beams had twin bolts and a bigger sail then my brothers one his wasa lower number with single cross beam bolts and the sail cut was slimmer at the top but as he was lighter and a slightley better sailor he was a bit faster. i would still pay 1800 for one if i wanter another one as they are that good. fun strong and heaps of room. i took out 2 friends and still had a blast.. o e wasa 45kg girl and other one a 78kg male so not the lightest crew for a single sail but was still very useable as they have so much floatation.

they are also pretty light and a lot of fun.

i weighed 116kg when i sailed mine and it was awesome i loved the wave percing design and the ridged construction. i had sail number 182 or some were abouts. the cross beams had twin bolts and a bigger sail then my brothers one his wasa lower number with single cross beam bolts and the sail cut was slimmer at the top but as he was lighter and a slightley better sailor he was a bit faster. i would still pay 1800 for one if i wanter another one as they are that good. fun strong and heaps of room. i took out 2 friends and still had a blast.. o e wasa 45kg girl and other one a 78kg male so not the lightest crew for a single sail but was still very useable as they have so much floatation.

they are also pretty light and a lot of fun.

One of these days i will get a new bighead sail but as I've only just recently reshaped the battens in the old sail I will see how it goes before digging into the wallet.

Does anyone have a NS/MG 14 dinghy spinnaker or similar that will go on one of these things?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Blackmozz, i think i just bought your old boat.

I haven't sailed for 40 years but cannot wait to get out there.

Should be sailing new years eav if i work out how to rig it.

It has a square section boom ?

Im not sure its all here, when you raise the sail do i just tie off to one of the cleets

or is there a more ridgid way to stop the sail coming back down.

Thanks

Ricey

Darryl barrett said if i ever get a spinnaker to ensure it was cut flat.. I'm still looking for the cheap option and will take anything reasonable I can get and thought an MG or similar sized spin would do the trick

Archived