Trampoline

exhogger

Having just finished re-riveting the alumimium strips that hold the tramp onto the hulls, I have laced the tramp as tight as possible to the rear crossbeam.

Should the centre be laced as tight as possible too with rope?

I ask this because as purchased the centre was laced with elastic shock cord and not tightly either. I read on this board that rigidity of the boat is aided by the trampoline and so want to do it right.

The tramp is one piece but has eyelets down the centre to take up slack (?)

Ross

Gee humungus, you shouldn't scare an old bloke.

I re riveted a/c 5 rivets pulled out a/c corosion and on advice from darcy and pointed reply I filled those holes with resin and redrilled. I on the chance that the rest were in the same condition or heading for it I drilled new holes between the remaining rivets and fitted new ones.

Is this what you are getting at ?

Ross

Yes, I believe so. It's a different type of leverage, the flat plate holding the tramp bolt rope down and the 'caravan track' that holds the bolt rope without letting go and with a stress on the rivets as a pulling rather than levering motion (don't know the proper names).

I did both sides on my new old cat and since then they haven't missed a beat. On the other hand I sailed Mick's super foamy the other day and his are the prooper flat plates, also didn't miss a beat.

The caravan track needs a slightly thinner bolt rope, 7mm from memory.

Where are you based? I have a pair of tracks in stock. Trampilime Hull saver rails $75.00 for the pair. They are a more robust than your caravan caming track and they are a marine grade aluminium. But I am sure Darcy can get them to you for $20.00 + freight if you don't have a caravan sales outlet near by. Email me for new parts on maricat43@bigpond.com with your details. I will send the parts out and you pay for them when you receive them.

Archived