help needed

dave000

Hi one and all I'm trying to get back into sailing I want get another cat I have time so I don't mind a project but I live in parkes nsw so I have lake congelico but the sailing club there hasn't got back to me yet. I'm looking for a f16 I like nacras I used to have a 5.2 and it was great so any help would be great

Cheers Dave

Dave, what do you ( and your crew if sailing 2 up) weigh, and physical condition, will you be sailing 1 up at all, You will most likely have to come to the coast for a reasonable buy (check the for sale section) Wagga, Canberra and Tamworth may have boats for sale but you will not have much room to bargain. I am on Lake Macquarie and there are numerous cats 4.3m (start at $800) to 5.8m (start at $2500) for sale within 40 min to 1hr (Central Coast and Newcastle) even Port Stephens is only 1hr 20. Organise what you want to look at, drive down on Friday and camp the w/end while looking, home Sun night or Monday. Darcy 02 43591729.

Than so much for your feed back I weigh 85-90 I was looking for something that I can have one or two up. I'm more than happy to travel to find a good buy and I don't mind paying for something good aswell. I would like keep this boat for a year then maybe get a nacra f16 that's the dream.

cheers Dave

Dave, any of the high perf 16's can have a kite fitted and become F16, Nacra, Taipan, Mossie etc, all can be sailed cat rigged 1 up or bombed up as your ability desires, you should have no trouble righting these at your weight. There are 2 good cat fleets on Lake Macquarie, take your time, look at what's around, and sail a few before you buy. Class numbers and support are important.

Archived