Nacra 5.2 $1000 or best offer, Pambula

tonyquoll

This boat was put into storage at the Pambula Boarding Kennels and Outsight Storage. The owner has since "lost the plot", failed to pay his storage fees or make any claim on the boat. Proprieter Greg is now seeking any offer for the boat, to pay the overdue storage and hopefully give something back to the former owner. I suggested it might get $1000.

It's called "Growler", sail number 831, formerly of Kurnell Cat Club where it is on the honour roll for winning the marathon in 1994.

I paced it out at 5 paces long, confirmed the Nacra badge on the front beam and guess it must be a 5.2

The boat is complete, with centreboards and sails locked away in the trailer sail box, ropes on deck and all other fittings in place. I'd recommend new ropes as they're a bit stiff.

The mast and boom look perfect; no corrosion. The tramp looks all good. The hulls look OK, apart from lichen and moss, and the rear hatch covers missing which has allowed rain into the hulls.

The trailer is unregistered and has a wheel missing as it was taken off to repair a flat. It might be around there somewhere. Trailer doesn't look too rusty and might pass roadworthy.

I've snapped a few photos: tonyquoll@yahoo.com.

Boat being sold by Greg Halloran; 02 6495 6543

[ATTACH=CONFIG]761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]762[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a plan

Greg

can you give me a call to discuss please

This boat was put into storage at the Pambula Boarding Kennels and Outsight Storage. The owner has since "lost the plot", failed to pay his storage fees or make any claim on the boat. Proprieter Greg is now seeking any offer for the boat, to pay the overdue storage and hopefully give something back to the former owner. I suggested it might get $1000.

It's called "Growler", sail number 831, formerly of Kurnell Cat Club where it is on the honour roll for winning the marathon in 1994.

I paced it out at 5 paces long, confirmed the Nacra badge on the front beam and guess it must be a 5.2

The boat is complete, with centreboards and sails locked away in the trailer sail box, ropes on deck and all other fittings in place. I'd recommend new ropes as they're a bit stiff.

The mast and boom look perfect; no corrosion. The tramp looks all good. The hulls look OK, apart from lichen and moss, and the rear hatch covers missing which has allowed rain into the hulls.

The trailer is unregistered and has a wheel missing as it was taken off to repair a flat. It might be around there somewhere. Trailer doesn't look too rusty and might pass roadworthy.

I've snapped a few photos: tonyquoll@yahoo.com.

Boat being sold by Greg Halloran; 02 6495 6543

[ATTACH=CONFIG]761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]762[/ATTACH]

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure that's right. A garnishee order (order to sell goods in order to recover debt) may be issued in civil procedings (s.106(b) Civil Procedures Act 2005 (NSW)), however I believe a case may be struck out and not heard if it is frivolous; as in this case where the value of the boat and overdue rent is less than the cost of the Court fees.

Instead there is a procedure where notification is provided. For example under the s.126-135 Residential Tenancies Act 2010 (NSW) when items are left behind by a tenant, the tenant is notified, goods stored for 90 days, and then can be sold. See: http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Tenants_and_home_owners/Being_a_landlord/Ending_a_tenancy/Goods_left_behind_by_your_tenant.html

Some facts in this case:

- this promo done as a favour, after request by the seller, Pambula Boarding Kennels and Outsight Storage

- seller has been in contact with the owner, so it's fair to assume there is consent to sell the boat

- when putting gear into storage, there is often a contract with clause on what happens if goods are abandoned. You'd again assume the seller knows their rights in this situation.

- boat owner is not going to make any claims about it being stolen; he is aware of where he left it and has been provided plenty of notice if he wanted to reclaim it. Far more than 90 days, in this case several years have passed.

Archived