16sq sail "flat Top"

humungus2

Those people travelled 5000km to go to that nationals and as a result of the nationals being in Adelaide, in 1 year we have gone from 3 active 5.8's to 7 active 5.8's and I also have 2 other people that have asked me to find entry level 5.8's, there were 2 Infusions before the nationals were announced now there are at least 4, there were no active 16's-17's now there are 3, there were no active 18 square now there is 1. It has taken South Aus Nacras to more active boats than the Taipans and only the Mozzies can put a bigger fleet together here. I say well done to those that put the effort in to travel here and promote the class, THEY ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. I was one of those that changed to 5.8 from Taipan 5.7 due to the Nationals announcement, compare that to the Taipans that only do Nationals on the Eastern seaboard no Viper, Capricorns or C2's at all in SA. Yachting Australia should let the juniors choose between Nacra 17's and Hobie 16's for the Youth Championship's then we would see a jump in Youth on cats here in SA

I have had the new sail up the mast, you can probably tell from the pics that the abundance of tress and grass and the lack of water meant that I didn't take it for a sail, hopefully get a chance to get some time to take it for run in the next few weeks.

The sail was setup with the foam battens on my normal mast setting, it looks very good with the draft at about 40% and is a bit deeper than I have my Dacron sail setup.

Will hopefuly get some pics of it sailing in the next few weeks.

post-14851-13778265823978_thumb.jpg

post-14851-13778265824333_thumb.jpg

post-14851-137782658246_thumb.jpg

post-14851-1377826582485_thumb.jpg

post-14851-13778265825031_thumb.jpg

It just looks like it is lacking power. It also looks like it is short or tell tials. It certainly looks the part. I think I am going to have the same problem of the sail coming out at the bottom of the mast. Can't wait to give it a go. My boat is not ready yet. Still in a million bits. She will be launced with a new name. A BIG name so I will be expacting a BIG performance from her.

Archived