Wanted - Catamaran Beach Rollers Adelaide

Robbieandrew

I'm looking for a pair of beach rollers for my Calypso 16. Hulls are 2m apart so anything that would accomodate that size catamaran or can be ajusted. Not fussed about condition, as long as they can get the boat to the water.

Don't have heaps to spend (maybe $100-$150), just a poor student. Let me know if you can help out

Robbie

I've just purchased a jib from another member here, so when it arrives I need either a pair of fiddle blocks with cam cleats or a pair of jib block tracks and jib blocks as the originals have been removed from the cat. I'm also considering getting a furler as well as this jib used to be a furling jib, but that's not urgent.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Still on the hunt, anyone at all? I have decided that making my own will probably turn out just as expensive so really want to track down a proper set of beach wheels (the sand at Seacliff is mighty soft at the moment, my Magna will dig a hole to china before the boat gets any where near the water!) Think I have messaged just about every user in SA now to see if they have any lying about.

Let me know :)

You don't need much for the cradles, some people get a 30cm length offcut of large diameter pvc pipe from their local plumber heat it and flatten it out a bit, for my Arrow I got an old aluminium street sign which I cut up and pop riveted to the axle then put some outdoor carpet on it, I'm doing the Meningie race around Lake Albert this Sunday at 12pm, if you want to have a look at my home made rollers let me know and I will bring them along. If your interested the race would be ideal for you guys because it's pretty casual, you can start with the others and pull out whenever you want with a couple of rescue boats keeping an eye on you or go the distance you won't be the slowest the TS16 will hold that record on the day

Archived