Stingray Mailsail rigging

Luna472

I've recently bought Stingray MkII Luna Ma 472. Unfortunately, the previous owner did not rig downhauls. Not sure why.

Is anyone able to please supply a couple of pictures (plus a couple of notes if possible) of how they have rigged:

- The Downhaul for the main

- The Boom Vang

- Downhaul for the Jib

Hi John, Yes I'm in Brisbane and intend sailing out of the Cleveland Yacht Club. Photos for starters would be great so I can get any bits and bobs I need for starters. Then maybe we can meet up for some fun down the track. I'm assuming then that we are using the main sheet and traveller to stop the boom from escaping from us downwind? Steve.

Hey Steve,

Plenty of cats at Cleveland and grait people, If you get stuck the guys there will be more than happy to help out with set ups also. Im on a break from racing this season from there but will be back soon with another cat.

Cheers

Damo

Yes - a very supportive and down to earth club. They were able to help with most of my questions but ran short on these ones unfortunately. Mind you, I did pop down out of season so there wasn't a full contingency on board at the time. Looks like we will be catching up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived