Windrush numbers at PKSC

sando

Thanks guys. Picked one up this afternoon. Needs some attention but can be sailed as is. You may have come across it before as the previous owner mentioned he had sailed at pksc a few seasons ago. Sail no . 777. Name: obsession 7. Am hoping to have it at pksc in February. Am very new to sailing so am hoping some of the old salts will be liberal with the advice!

Another one of my old windies comes back to the club. Mick you will need to get some newer drop down rudders for it ( see Darcy he a source of all things 14') and check the rudder fitting on the stern of the boat. The boat is a bulk head boat.

If you want to know the history of the boat give me a call on 0421 927 146.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I was hoping to bring it down one Saturday, rig it up on the beach before or after the race and get some advice/info about it. I wouldn't be looking to get it wet that day, just having some expert windy folk give it the once over and me some advice on what to tinker with before I put it in the water.

Would you be willing to give me some info on the history of the boat one Saturday at the Club?

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,

You're welcome to call at the club any Saturday. I would suggest you arrive no later than 10.30am to rig. I am there most Saturdays about 10am.

Call me on 0418454715 or email treasurer@pksc.com.au if I can be of assistance.

Cheers

Tony

Michael

Love to come down and talk windy, at present I'm working in Bega for the rest of this year so I don't come up every weekend. Intend to be there this weekend. Its a fairly good boat for its age, does need some work to get it upto race standard so you can sail it hard and not expect anything to break but that's fine considering the price.

Thanks Tony and Paul,

I've got commitments for the next few weekends so planning to be at the club one Saturday in February to start with. 

Also gives me a few weeks to get the trailer back to a standard I'd consider safe for trips up and down Mt Ousley most weekends - springs & axle have heavy rust so will look to replace them and a number of lights missing so think I'll just rewire it - but that's another story!

I might drop a note on here about a week before my first trip to the club with the boat to see who will be around and happy to talk.

AM a very novice sailor so will join the club this season and maybe race later in the season but looking to build my skills to be confident ahead of the next season. I'm planning to improve the boat slowly as my skills improve.

thanks for the advice so far. hopefully meet you at the club soon.

• 10 months later...

Free Saturday this weekend so I am  looking forwards to  having a sail with the PKSC  Windy fleet .

Good opportunity to sort these new sails out and say hello to everyone before Xmas.

I'm a Windy 14 owner, over from NZ, would be keen to come down on Saturday and see how you guys do things.

PKSC...Located on Western side of Lake Illawarra. Northcliffe Dr Berkeley.(1km south of Illawarra Yacht Club)

PKSC races start at 2pm Saturdays and sailors start rigging up from 11am onwards..

get there early so the friendly members have time to chat etc. From 1pm it gets a bit hectic.

I prob be there 11;30ish

PKSC...Located on Western side of Lake Illawarra. Northcliffe Dr Berkeley.(1km south of Illawarra Yacht Club)

PKSC races start at 2pm Saturdays and sailors start rigging up from 11am onwards..

get there early so the friendly members have time to chat etc. From 1pm it gets a bit hectic.

I prob be there 11;30is

Thanks for showing us around today. really appreciate it.

If you or any of the PKSC Cat crews are in Bankstown before 23 dec and would like a tour around the Erickson Skycrane, I'd be happy to show you around. I'll PM you my contact numbers. 

Archived