Windrush numbers at PKSC

sando

Windrush 14 numbers at Port Kembla Sailing Club are climbing again and form the backbone of 14' cat racing on Lake Illawarra.

We now have a fleet of 10 containing 2 mark I boats, 2 Mkll bulkhead boats and 6 Mklll foam boats.

Congrats to Hugh on his recent purchase of Hot Pepper!

Roll on 2014-15 season!!

Yeah I have the same sinking feeling about Mr Hockey. Might start a business lease everything including the sports car and find an accountant who can get me over $180k bracket, as long as I don't need to go to the doctors.

Tony we may need to drop the race fees so people can stay on the water

Too many questions!

Last first - Peter, PKSC is the last desent fleet of Windies as Mannering Park now manily Maricats with a sprinkling of others.

PKSC will be custodians of the NSW Windrush Association until numbers improve statewide.

Thanks Maverg - PKSC committee is currently investigating the possibility of splitting all cats from the Kembla Klassic to a seperate regatta. See Kurt's earlier post under http://www.catsailor.net/index.php?/topic/6032-custom-cat-regatta/

More on this in a fortnight!

Paul, the answer is simple  - feel sick? pay $15 and race your cat or, pay $7 to see a doctor.  You know sailing will cure most ills!

Hey Tony cant we have BOTH regattas run separately ?

Run the KK as per normal (most of the PKSC  small cat fleet dont sail and prefer to help run the KK event,last year only Hugh sailed)and then have a separate Cat regatta on at another date  which would encompass  the  NSW Windy Titles ??

ticks all the boxes?

Probably because we have never asked.

I think it is a shame that we lost the Koonawarra Bay 14' regatta off the LAKE.

We should try and retain the second weekend of February as a Lake Illawarra Cat regatta.  I'll make some calls before raising this with PKSC committee on 2nd June.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HI all,

I'm hoping to add to the windrush numbers at PKSC, either later this season or for next season. Am a beginner sailor and looking for something i can singlehand as well as occasionally take others out on. Was looking at dinghys but Trevor from PKSC tipped me off to windrushes when I came to check to club out yesterday. They look like the perfect boat and trevor said there is a good bunch of people sailing them at PKSC. Just need to find myself a basic boat now on a registered trailer and I'll be there. 

Any tips for buying or do you know of any boats for sale in the area that I could sail straight away or with a little tidying up? All i need is one that floats and has a rudder and a full set of sails. not worried about being competitive at the moment. Looking at a max of $2k but would prefer around $1k if possible.

Cheers

Mick

Archived