Results Nacra nationals

Leadfoot

56 boats across 6 divisions turned up to Wangi for the 36th Nacra Nationals.Wind was variable across the seven days ranging from two hours of sitting becalmed waiting for wind to 20 knots by the end of racing 3 hours later.  With races being held in light and heavy air it was a good test of seamanship.  Racing was tight in most divisions with the 16 squares going into the last day with the first three boats tied on points.  5.8 and 4.5's and F18's only had 1 point between the leading two boats.   Last day started with a very variable 6knot westerly for the first race and finished with a glorious 15-18 knot NE for the last two races. 

Congratultions to the National champions for 2015.  Trent Potter in th 350 class,  Ross Guinea on the 430,  James Frazer who pipped his dad by one point in the 4.5, Jarrod Potter who got three firsts on the last day to break the deadlock in the 16's,  Mick Guinea and Brendan Torpelund who won on countback to Dale Mitchell and Marty Webb in the F18's and finally to Bruce Potter and Matthew Caldwell who finished with two firsts to beat Shane and Kimberley Russell by one point in the 5.8's

Full results at  http://www.yachtingaustralia.com.au/site/yachting/results//wangirslasc/2015/events/nacra2015/SGrp23.htm

have to correct you Matty,  me and the boy tied on points in the 4.5 fleet,  he got me on a count back (3 wins v 4).  Only stuffed up one tack all week and it cost me a point in the last race.  Don't like to be beaten but OK with the boy winning - just as long as it doesn't become the norm!

Scott, next nationals is at Port Adelaide.  Next Qld States in the Whitsundays at Easter.

Archived