14' Cat Regatta next W/end (6-7 Oct)

darcy1945

Mannering Park, come along and help sort out the foam boat Y/S. If we dont have good sailers on the old boats and other classes, the foam boats will dominate at future Y/Stick events. P/Tigers, Arrows, Hobies, IF YOU DONT WANT TO LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD, STAY AT HOME. By the way, I am seriously considering buying a foamie (I shouldnt have had a test sail).

Hey Darcy, We had a good run at Forster over the weekend. I won and didn't race on the Monday. The paper tigers where in a different class but we started together. Marcho and kim gave me a run for my money and I reckon we are even on scratch. Peter sailed the old boat and was very fast but just of the pace. The foamys did ok as well. It would worry me having to give Peret a 1 minute start. We were dissapointed with the course at Forster. Just windward returns. Suited the larger boats. I beleive you bloks are going to set some triangles.

Originally posted by Emmessee:

I would love to come but with the new bub I think that my wife would be just a little upset if I ran away for the weekend so soon.

Don't be such a woos!

Be a man. Tell ya missus ya going sailing, and she needs to get used to the idea of staying home and looking after the kids. Oh, but please don't tell my wife that I said that ;) (lol)

Congratulations on the new bub.

Cheers

Barry

[This message has been edited by BarryK1200LT (edited 02 October 2007).]

Ah yes ... "that look" I know it well.

As the only member in my family thats interested in both cat sailing and motorcycles. You should have seen the look I got when I explained to my wife that this month I wanted to compete in two 2 day sailing events that are only two weeks apart, then take 5 days off the folowing week to ride to Thredbo for the Snowy ride.

Copious amounts of groveling taking place at present, but it will be worth it (I hope)

Archived