Gippsland Lakes Y.C. Easter Regatta

Hi all,

this fun annual regatta on again Easter Sat. to Mon. Fastest time trophy for the Cock 'O' the Lake Around Raymond Island Race Saturday see if you can beat the F16's around, they will be doing the race as part of Nationals at the same time. Plenty of other off the beach boats will be attending, cats from Arrows to Stingrays.

Big Beach Party BBQ with Band Saturday night. Never a lack of water. Allways good wind?

Regards Gary.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

for those coming early, first of the 7 day forecasts looks ok.

Forecast for Thursday

Mostly sunny. Winds northeast to southeasterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h becoming up to 20 km/h during the evening.

Precis:

Sunny.

Min

Max

Forecast for Friday

Morning cloud. Morning fog patches. Light winds.

Precis:

Early fog.

Min

Max

[This message has been edited by Lick the Knife (edited 04 April 2009).]

Hi all,

latest update, from the B.O.M. site, mid 20's temps and light winds through to Sunday. Looks like a pleasant weekend.

Seabreeze site currently predicting around 10 kts. Friday and 15-17 kts Saturday. Sounds perfect.

But it is early yet. Blowing 30 kts here at the moment.

Had another great sail on Tim's Mossie today. Sailed on Lake Wellington about 45 min. drive from where we normaly sail. Racing against Neil on his Mossie with Spinnaker, plus one cat rigged Mossie, 4 x Paper Tigers, 3 x Arrows and 1 Nacra 14sq. In very gusty conditions to 25kts. plus.

Neil and I had a great battle, Neil was half way along the reach as I rounded the first mark after, starting late (didn't realize it was our division start). Club we where at used Navy Numeral Flags rather than the Numeral Pennants I was used to. Then hit the first mark, took 2 laps to catch Neil trapezing on reach when he sat on side and flying spinnaker, when he left his in chute. Passed him on the next beat, then he got back past near the top mark. Then I drew along side again on reach, to gybe just ahead and pop the spin and take off.

Until bigger gusts hit and massive cartwheel, got mud on the top of the spinnaker, it's a very shallow lake, not like where we sail normaly. Anyway got it up and took off after him again, catching up again, finishing 1 minute behind. Still got second on Yardstick only 4 cats finished, I think Neil was the only one not to capsize.

Can't wait till Easter Regatta and Nats.

Regards

Gary.

Hi all,

latest weather.

Weather looks fantastic , this is copied from the B.O.M. site.

Forecast for Friday

Winds: North to northwesterly 5 to 10 knots tending west to northwesterly around dawn then tending south to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots around midday then tending northeast to southeasterly up to 10 knots by early evening.

Forecast for Saturday

Winds: Northeast to northwesterly 5 to 10 knots tending easterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon then tending east to northeasterly up to 10 knots during the evening.

Forecast for Sunday

Winds: Light winds tending northeast to southeasterly 10 to 15 knots during the afternoon then tending east to southeasterly during the evening. The chance of thunderstorms from the morning.

The GLYC Easter Regatta was great fun!

Thanks to the club for organising a relaxed and enjoyable race series!

The RCC (Redundant Catamaran Club) was in attendance with 2x QB3's, a Hobie 20 and a Stingray with Kite. There were also a few local kids on Arrows (I wont upset arrow sailors by placing them in our club!)

The round raymond island race on saturday saw the Stingray taking line honours with the "200 Dollar Sh$%ter" taking out on handicap (A QB3 purchased the week earlier for $200)

The rest of the races heavily favoured the Stingray Carrying the kite.

On a side note, the RCC is looking for both members and BOATS!

Archived