Maricat 4.3 Mainsheet rigging

Jish

Hi there,

As per my usual impulse buys, I've ended up with an old Maricat 4.3.

To start with I'm just going to sail it cat rigged in light breezes & want to spend minimal time/money until I build some more skills.

I've sailed mono's for a short while but I'm new to cats.

Basically if someone could please post an image or link to an image/diagram of how to rig my mainsheet block & traveller.

Mine is the one in the 1st image. It also came with a double pulley block which I assume attaches near the end of the boom.

I've also attached a pre sale image of the boat, along with the jib block/cleat in case it would be better served in my mainsheet system until I add the jib.

I've been sailing with the Richmond River Sailing & Rowing Club in Ballina NE NSW but they sail mostly Nacra's & I'd like to do a dry rig 1st to make sure I'm not missing anything before dragging it down to the water.

Also if anyone sails Maricat's anywhere near Ballina/Tweed heads/Gold Coast/Brisbane I'd be keen to catch up to compare rigs & hopefully learn a bit.

Thanks

Jish

Maricat Main block.jpg

Maricat Jib block.jpg

maricat 1.jpg

I got it rigged this evening. Not sure if I have the mainsheet done proper but realized I'm missing a downhaul system.

Any chance you have an used one in reasonable condition? 

Also wondering if you'd post to NNSW. Happy to pay for postage & time.

If you do post, then I may as well get some more stays that are new length for mast rake, along with a few other bits.

Regards

Jish

mainsheet.jpg

Not quite right , but close. You are missing a double block with becket (replaces the double at the bottom of your system) and a single with cleat, above which the double and becket are attached. All are then attached to the traveller car. The traveller system was originally separate, it anchors under the centre of the rear beam, up through the rollers, then through the cleat. the first photo above (white mainsheet) is how the original system should look. As you can see, it takes up a lot of space and is generally replaced by low profile triple blocks top and bottom. 

• 2 weeks later...