Mari 4.8 Sail

Blue Lagoon

Hi all,

I was given a Mari 4.8 but the sail is missing. Way back when I purchased my first 4.8 I chose to have a sail done by Greg Goodall, as they were the only way to go! Plenty followed and purchased the Goodall sail and used that, rather than the Maricat Blue or Gold Dacron sail. I ended up winning the Nationals at Portarlington back in 1985/6 on a borrowed 4.8 with a gold Dacron sail in the end (the last Mari 4.8 titles held). Now at the age of 63, I wonder if I get hold of a sail and put this thing on the water,  I can still fly a hull. Bit hard to do with my 38' Lagoon I currently own!

my email is      neilboyd9@bigpond.com      if you want to get rid of that long sail bad in your garage roof?

Thanks in advance

Neil Boyd.

I think you will find it hard to find a M4.8 sail.

I have not seen a 4.8 for many years.

You may find a sail which is the same size - maybe an old Taipan sail.

if you find a sail you should come to the Maricat Nationals at Wallagoot and become the National 4.8 champion again....

There are now about 11 M5.0 back sailing again around NSW.

Thanks, was hoping to find and old dacron sail lying in an old sail box in a barn somewhere. With the 4.8 loose foot the dimensions are critical and to have a sail recut is worth more than the boat. If no luck I might drop it at the tip and sell the trailer and beach rollers separately!