Maricat 4.3 Jib wanted

Jish

Anyone have a used jib for sale? and possible a main as a package deal?

The jib my boat came with seems oversize & may be part reason my jib strop broke & mast came down in 18-20kt.

Pref Northern NSW SE QLD but could get them posted or pickup from further afield.

Thanks

Jish

maricat 2.jpg

Mari jibs originally were smaller and sheeted to tracks on the front beam. Current jibs are larger, and sheet to tracks or saddle on alloy tramp track, just in front of side stays. Yours appears to be current size. Your sails appear to be in reasonable condition. If original, your boat is an early, Mk1 which (on condition of sails) has seen little use.

Thanks Darcy, good to hear the jib is right. I noticed $20 written on it in green texta & figured it must be a mongrel off some random boat.  I made the strop myself and it was only about the 3rd time out. I managed to drop the strop so no evidence or pics but I noticed it seemed to have pulled out of the swage. Maybe my swaging technique needs improvement. I also made my own stays but after this it made me question them so ordered new ones from Brisbane catamaran centre ($170). I also have a new dolphin striker. I have the modern jib sheet tracks. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

So I managed to tear my jib leach. Seemed to be flapping a lot in the 10-15kn wind at Woody bay. I tried moving the jib traveller further back which helped a bit. I'll try to get it repaired but the cloth is fairly old & worn with a few small longitudinal tears starting & one major torn area midway up the leach. Long story short,  I'm still chasing a jib.

received_3292647770825007.jpeg

$120 sounds good, I'll give you a call.

I do love the thrill of the extra speed with the jib solo on trapeze. But I'm only about 68kg so I guess under the class limit for super sloop.

Also I'm struggling to tack with just the main (mast has race rake). I could shorten my fore stays a little to reduce mast rake but I've already noticed the tendency for nose diving as it is.

Cheers Darcy