Winter Racing Canberra - Free bottle of red wine

NACRAJON

Winter Series is on in Canberra on these dates: 4 July, 18 July, 1 August, 15 August, 29 August starting at 1pm at CYC.

I've been the only cat entered this year and I'm keen for competition on the lake. The class winner gets a bottle of red wine, show up and have a race and you will get the wine no matter what order we finish. Also, I don't care if you have a crewed boat and sail 1 up.

Jon

Taipan AUS051

Originally posted by NACRAJON:

Winter Series is on in Canberra on these dates: 4 July, 18 July, 1 August, 15 August, 29 August starting at 1pm at CYC.

I've been the only cat entered this year and I'm keen for competition on the lake. The class winner gets a bottle of red wine, show up and have a race and you will get the wine no matter what order we finish. Also, I don't care if you have a crewed boat and sail 1 up.

Jon

Taipan AUS051

What's the water temp in the lake?

You're keen!

I'd like a large 5-7mm thick wetsuit and hot water bottle or a small suit and two milkshakes

Waterproof gloves and booties, balaclava & jacket.

Hammer to break up the ice along the lake edge.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Don't accurately know the lake temp, as a guess I think it would be 8-10 deg C by mid winter. On a 10 deg C day the water is colder than the air. Certainly gives you a bit of a shock when launching the boat. A kayaker died last winter as he got hyperthermia and couldn't reach the edge of the lake after falling out of his boat.

I pichpoled regularly last winter series in the gusts, but so far this winter series there hasn’t been enough breeze to go on the wire. I’m thinking of renaming my boat ‘salt lust’.

But ignore all of the above, on a sunny day with a solid westerly it’s a good spot and you’re pretty likely to claim the scalp of a badly sailed Taipan and claim a bottle of red.

• 1 month later...

Archived