mylar sails

Originally posted by micky:

Guys,

In my opinion the Nacra class sails are quite cheap compared to other one design classes. A new Laser main is around $900!!

There is a reason we all sail one design classes. It is simple, we enjoy racing a good well designed boat where everyone is competing on a level field. Development classes require new sails etc just to remain competitive.

You all have a choice on what boat to buy and sail. So once you have made that decision run with it, dont complain to the rest of us.

The Nacra is one of the best cats available on the market, a high quality boat, well finished, strong association and fantastic support from the manufacturer.

Why do we spend more time sailing and getting more Nacras on the water, i think that is a far more use of your time!!

I am not talking about getting newer developmental sails which have a diffrent cut or shape to them just trying to throw the idea around of if a sail can be made to last longer for around the same amout of money wouldn't that also do more for the sport and also, we all seem to be feathering the pockets of the dealer when it comes to buying spares. Don't get me wrong I am not against them making a dollar but double the price!?

Catman how long do you want your main to last?

The main on my 16sq is 5 years old and came second at the Nationals and just won the States. I will be still useing it at the next Nationals!!

For about $300 for each of the 5 years sailed I think that is prety good value!

As an interrested onlooker on this subject I cannot see the end result of the discussion .. cat man you said earlier that you have no time for the association, so I take it that you are not a member of it, and if you are not a member of it you don't compete in the national titles, state titles or any other association events.... so if you don't compete in these events I think that you could have any type of sail that you want... I think that your club could issue you with a personal yardstick ... would the vyc yardstick have to be altered for you? and if you competed at any regattas would you have to apply to the revelent race committee for a new yardstick? ... when I bought my boat I knew the rules that applied ... when I want try to change the rules I also know the rules that apply.......

hi Hood,

Your vocabulary and interpretation of words has got me really worried.

I am concerned that my lack of spelling ability, and general typographical errors will cause others some pleasure, and myself embarrassment.

pete smile.gif

PS. I can't find my spellchecker wink.gif

PPS. Is that the same as the "OEDIPUS COMPLEX" ?

[This message has been edited by xmatelot (edited 24 April 2007).]

• 4 weeks later...

Hood,

You're right it does look funny!!!

Well they've gotta do something re-market, re-hash, re-sell and push the "faithfull" and they're buttons... Just another way to part them and their money?

Boring if you ask me. It's still an old design that's not as fast as the 5.8... So what's left? A H14 with wings & a square top, L.M.F.A.O.

Good luck to them, they've got the market and the sheep stitched up.

Luv to all the H boys & girls wink.gif

Leroy

[This message has been edited by Leapin Leroy (edited 22 May 2007).]

Archived