Latest Aussie Blade hits the water.

Hi all,

have attached a photo of Marcus sailing the first "Formula Catamarans Australia" Blade F16 to hit the water. The second boat which he will be sailing at the Global Challenge is already in the Netherlands.

I went over to Adelaide on the weekend and sailed this latest version of the Blade F16, I brought it home with me. Before you ask, this boat is fitted with all the standard gear as supplied by FCA, alloy wing mast etc., before I say any more I would like to make the following announcement.

"I will be acting as an agent for FCA, so the Blade will be available for Demos etc. I intend to participate in as many regattas as I can on the East Coast of OZ. I will be able to answer most queries regarding equipment, prices etc. soon. So look forward to answering any queries and having the boat available for Demos from the start of Sept. If you have a regatta on and want to see the Blade, just let me know when and where and I will see what I can do."

WOW! the FCA Blade is amazing in every way . The standard of finish and workmanship by the hull builder Tony Barrett is amazing, I had the pleasure of seeing a partialy built boat in the factory . I have been involved with many Fibreglass factories since first selling sailboards for Hawke Bros. in 83'and I can say without a doubt the finish and attention to quality internaly is the best I have ever seen . No drops of glue or filler or drips of resin anywhere and the strength of the structure and there is lots of it inside, looks bullet proof.

Then the fit out and assembly by Marcus again WOW! I have been frusrated by how long it has taken Marcus to get the first FCA Blade F16 on the water . But now I can see why, the attention to detail and the number of custom made fittings and simplicity of systems is nothing but professional and of the highest standard, no wonder it has taken time, now I can say it was worth waiting for . Don't get me wrong though, it was a rush at the end and some things still need finishing, but for the first sail on the first boat on the water it is well on the way.

The crews that go to Zandvoort and see the FCA Blade will be impressed I am sure.

--------------------

Regards Gary.

I wont make it to Brass Monkey, just to soon. Will be at Forster and Kurnell Top Gun if all goes to plan.

No plans for doing the big trip across Bass Stait at the moment. My large amounts of travel are because I can drive for no cost. Am afraid shipping to Tas adds cost I can't afford, unless I can make the wagon water tight?

Regards Gary.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi I am presantly looking at purchasing a new Blade from formula the biggest issue is transport which the person is trying to work out, I live in Townsville and a long way from Adelade, anyway a few questions, it gets very choppy up here how have you found it handles the chop, also how is hull bouncy as I am 90 kg and sailing it one up, If there is anyone out there that has one let me know how it handles, and if I get one and transport is fine I have a friend also looking at getting a F16. I was looking at the viper but heard they make the hulls over seas is this also correct

Originally posted by Lick the Knife:

Hi all,

have attached a photo of Marcus sailing the first "Formula Catamarans Australia" Blade F16 to hit the water. The second boat which he will be sailing at the Global Challenge is already in the Netherlands.

I went over to Adelaide on the weekend and sailed this latest version of the Blade F16, I brought it home with me. Before you ask, this boat is fitted with all the standard gear as supplied by FCA, alloy wing mast etc., before I say any more I would like to make the following announcement.

"I will be acting as an agent for FCA, so the Blade will be available for Demos etc. I intend to participate in as many regattas as I can on the East Coast of OZ. I will be able to answer most queries regarding equipment, prices etc. soon. So look forward to answering any queries and having the boat available for Demos from the start of Sept. If you have a regatta on and want to see the Blade, just let me know when and where and I will see what I can do."

WOW! the FCA Blade is amazing in every way . The standard of finish and workmanship by the hull builder Tony Barrett is amazing, I had the pleasure of seeing a partialy built boat in the factory . I have been involved with many Fibreglass factories since first selling sailboards for Hawke Bros. in 83'and I can say without a doubt the finish and attention to quality internaly is the best I have ever seen . No drops of glue or filler or drips of resin anywhere and the strength of the structure and there is lots of it inside, looks bullet proof.

Then the fit out and assembly by Marcus again WOW! I have been frusrated by how long it has taken Marcus to get the first FCA Blade F16 on the water . But now I can see why, the attention to detail and the number of custom made fittings and simplicity of systems is nothing but professional and of the highest standard, no wonder it has taken time, now I can say it was worth waiting for . Don't get me wrong though, it was a rush at the end and some things still need finishing, but for the first sail on the first boat on the water it is well on the way.

The crews that go to Zandvoort and see the FCA Blade will be impressed I am sure.

Vipers Hulls are made in Thailand.This should not sway your thoughts on the VERY well made boat. All AHPC gear is of a very high standard.

Tony Barret has a blade similar weight and he sails one up. He will also be building your Blade if you decide to get a New one.

Give him a call at the Fiberglass Factory

0883260877 I'm sure he will help with any details you need.

[This message has been edited by dannyj (edited 21 January 2010).]

• 9 months later...

Not sure if the Razor has hit the water yet. But Russell finally got wet yesterday. I am very happy, only the port forward compartment had very minor water. Nothing broke although I only sailed cat rigged, main only. My out haul popped off the end of the boom, so I decided to head in.

I never felt really fast, but up wind I was comparable to the 5/8's and the Taipan, It pointed really, until the out haul problem.

A promising start.

Tony

Archived