Hydra cats

Guest simdep0

• 1 year later...

Hello fellow Hydraer's was just wondering if there are any being sailed in the Melbourne Port Phillip bay area???

I'm at the beginning of a complete rebuild on my boat, hoping to get it ready for this season. Would be great to see some others out on the water.

And are there still plans around for the hydra, and would anyone be interested in redeveloping the hydra into a much lighter boat with a more up to date rig??

best wishes

alex

Well just to toss this idea out there, would people like to try and put on say a Taipan mast (Doesnt have to be one, just as an example) and use a new mylar big head sail. Common consensus is that the forward beam is way too heavy and the rear one way to light. Now is the rear section to light itself or is the attach points on the hull not secure enough. And if the section itself is too light do you think a more rigid composite section be used instead?

About the foils, from what ive seen i dont even trust them to touch them again, i found deep score marks from their sanding attempts. they have really made a mess, so what im doing now is completely removing the gel coat reinforcing with a very fine glass mat and the going to fully repaint with a two pack epoxy paint system.

im doing my best to remove all inconsistencies and chips whilst maintaining there structural integrity.

will update soon

alex

Archived