14ft cat series

berny

STOP PRESS!!!

email from Mannering Pk YC;

Bern,

Mannering Park Yacht Club would be very interested in holding around of a 14 foot cat series. How does the 13th & 14th of November sound to you.

If you could let me know if these dates are alright so we the club can start to make plans to make the regatta a success

Hear from you soon

Bill King

Rear commodore

There's been lots of positive feedback so far guys so I'd have to say that at this stage, a 14ft GP for this season will be a shoe in.

With a little luck and a bit of a push, this could be the biggest thing to happen in cat racing since the '70's.

A third round at Balmoral .................................... dare I dream?

Is there room for helicopters at M/Park? smile.gif

Bern

I think that it would be good to see if the guys in NSW with Nacra 14's could be found as there are quite a few down here but they must only be used for social sailing.

They are a great little boat too and it would be nice to see them come along to all these planned regatta's.

The problem is they are 4.4m nearly 14ft 8ins long and not really 14ftrs (4.3m) frown.gif

I suppose we could look at allowing them to race on yardstick but not in the open F14 div. but then do you stop there? How about the Mozzies?

Personally I'd like to restrict the regattas to 14ft + a margin to cater for what are generally considered to be 14ft boats and that appears to be 14ft 3inches.

Lets see if they are keen to begin with, yes?

Bern

Yes Bill I noticed smile.gif thanks.

I also hope there's lots of interest. I'm doing what I can to get the word around. Unfortunately there appears to be a conflict between the Koonawarra Bay regatta and the one announced recently by Tony Jenkins. Hopefully it'll be resolved.

Bern

[This message has been edited by berny (edited 17 June 2004).]

Yes Bern

There is a conflict of dates. Highlighted by the fact there were no 14ft reps at the orignal meeting. (In hind sight a mistake)

It is not the intention of the regatta to put other clubs out.

In fact our intentions are to promote cat sailing.

We are already in talks with Koonawara bay.

The date conflict may be a blessing in disguies.

We always saw the event as two seperate events. (Even three with a mono event)We just wanted to get one under our belts.

What I'm offering here folks is a seperate 14ft event. If that's what you want.

If this event is truley for the people then we need input.

As I have explained, the organisers are meeting on Monday.

There is an open invitation to any one who would like to come along and add some input. Or once again I ask that if you have any thing at all you would like brought up at the meeting, please let me know.

The facts are folks.

That if you are serious about raising the profile of cat sailing to the general public. Then you should get behind this regatta.

It is backed by the NSW dept of sport & rec.

YNSW and Tourism Central Coast. And that is just the start.

This regatta has resourses at it's disposal that sailing clubs and (yacht clubs)can only dream of.

And their resourses are being offered to you. The cat sailing fraternity and your partners.

I'm not sure what it takes to get a response from the readers of these forums, but hay, I live in hope.

Regards Tony Jenkins

Thanks Tony for your continued efforts in promoting cat sailing. I'm not sure just how many 14ft cat sailors read this forum or how many would be motivated enough to get involved, particularly in the organising stages. Generally in my experience, what happens is, few like to make a commitment early on but often attend anyway. This of course makes it very difficult for organisers but then that's cat people I think.

Tony you might like to detail again the significant advantages of holding a regatta at that venue and how it has the potential to promote cat sailing/racing as you see it. I know it takes lots of time but if you want people to get involved, they need to see the 'vision' as you do to fully apreciate it.

Keep up the good effort mate, I'll try to be there on Monday if you let me know exactly where and at what time,

Bern

Archived