Maricat weights

Humungus

Mike,

At the Nationals I was carrying diving weights attached in the tramp pocket to bring it actually over the minimum weight of 90kg rigged.

Expect that other new boats would do the same. There are only 2 new boats that I know of and the other skipper is a very fair and reasonable man.

Happy to go along with whatever is suggested though or drop out of the event if it is too annoying for people to race a new boat. I can come and help with the rescue boat or something if preferred.

cheers !

nice comment, but no thanks.

Will not be touching the beams at all.

The beams on ZAX are spotless and will remain that way if I can help it.

weights can be added anywhere so long as they are not moved. This is the same for when weight is added for an underweight skipper/crew.

Thanks John for your concern for the class and your fairness.

The last thing I want is for anyone to pull out of the titles. I had no idea of the weight differance between the new and the old and there are members of the TBSA that will buy a mari if the racing is competative. We went from 1 to 6 mari's this season and expect to have 10 by the end of the year.

I will be weighing several on sunday to see how we compare to the minimun weight of 95k.

regards

Mick

Mike, are you guys in a position to offer to host a Nationals at Tanilba or other part around Port Stephens? Would be nice to have an event there, great place and seems the maricat fleet is really growing there. Might be worth mentioning it at the States if that is a possibility?

Mannering Park also has a growing fleet that is getting more competitive, we have hosted both a National and State Title and would be interested to do it again in future. Good to be supportive of the growing fleets though and TBSC is definately the new fleet !

cheers !

Archived