Proposed rule changes

humungus2

At our AGM, the Commitee and the members of the Maricat Accosiation discussed breifly the propsed rule changes which have been posted on the Accosiation web site under the heading of Maricat Events. www.maricat.com.au

Please only make comments if you are a member of the Maricat Accosiation. All members are urged to comment.

You can join as a social member for only $10.00. Membership froms sent on request via email, post of fax.

A vote on the proposed rule changes will be made at a meeting of the NSW & ACT Association on the Australia Day LWE at the Mannering Park Regatta. The outcomes of that meeting will then be taken as a recommendation to the Maricat National Council meeting to be held at the National Titles on the same weekend. Only financial members of the NSW & ACT Maricat Association can vote on the rule changes. You may vote in person, by appointing a proxy or by postal vote. "Postal" votes will also be accepted via email.

The National Council is made up of delegates from the state associations. If anyone is aware of an association, other than NSW & ACT, can they please let me know, so they can be advised of the National Council Meeting.

If anyone would like a copy of the National and NSW constitutions please contact me by email and I will send you a copy.

Regards

Rodney Anderson

"Pointed Reply"

President,

Maricat Association of NSW & ACT

rodney.anderson@visy.com.au

Since I read this stuff and have opinions, please give consideration to relaxing the block hanger rule so that more than one hanger can be used. This will allow us poor people to run 8:1 systems without paying out, I'm guessing but close to $1000 for an 8:1 quad system.

I can probably cobble up an 8:1 system cheaply if I can hang two sets of blocks off the boom.

KO

• 2 weeks later...

why can't anyone make comments on this that have an interest in Maricats? Seems sort of an unusual request to limit that ? I would be interested in comments on the changes whether from association members or not. Preferably from those that do not have a financial interest in the rule changes.... although not wanting to limit that either.

agree with knobblyoldjimbo on allowing more than one block hanger to reduce costs.

why can't anyone make comments on this that have an interest in Maricats? Seems sort of an unusual request to limit that ? I would be interested in comments on the changes whether from association members or not. Preferably from those that do not have a financial interest in the rule changes.... although not wanting to limit that either.

agree with knobblyoldjimbo on allowing more than one block hanger to reduce costs.

And there are many different types of Dacron, my TY main sounds like a rifle firing when it flaps due to the resin content. The trendy Mari radial mains have expensive ripstop threading in them which probably makes them more expensive than other types of material now available.

Still, my yellow main is going well after about 25 years so it does seem to last a while!

Archived