The nats bet

humungus2

Hey guy. for the first time ever I trapped on a maricat. It was great. Once out there it is nice and easy but the big problem is getting out. I will have it figured out by the nats in Feb 2010.

Oh the bet!

Pedro bet me I wouldn't win the nats. So I took his bet. Mick to with the super sloop national titles.

The object of the nats will not be to win yourself but to stop Mick from winning in any way shape or form, do we have a taker for the position of ramming boat (to sink mick of course) just joking. Maybe I'll need to get the old blue ballast tanker out of retirement, (it weighs 110KG dry platform weight and is I think indestructable)

"Captain, we have ramming speed!" "Thankyou Chief"

[This message has been edited by korwich (edited 21 December 2009).]

The old tiger certanly can point that boat of his in the right direction. I am looking forward to the opportunity to go head to head with him again. I did struggle with no sleep on the first day of the states and still working out that little sail on the front. As to the NACRA nats I have $50 says I flogg your asssssssssssss again Bro!!

Well Johno, it would be nice to see you on the water again. I would even give you a free berth for a month on the marina just to see you on the water at the Nats. You couldn't beat me when I was cat rigged so I still reckon things will be the same. And for you big brother. I'll take your bet loser.

Happy enough to race you cat, sloop or supersloop.. especially for the free month marina berth, for the seawind 1000 I am assuming? You better get in some practice before the Nats smile.gif

Race history for ZAX is not too bad, 1st Cat rigged National champ last year sailed by Bundy, 1st supersloop 2 years in a row prior to that, 1st sloop National champ before that and National champ cat the year prior. So seems this year.. National Champ Supersloop again, sorry Mick, you are unlikely to win smile.gif

Since Mick's done so well sailing the Nacra in Nationals, looks like about 15th out of 18, my bottle of Ouzo is looking good but John, the PIRATE is happy for all the help offered. If you like Ouzo you may help me drink it. TRUST ME PIRATE........

I take to long to get out on the trap. In the end I had good boat speed, just every time I tacked it took a lot longer than the other guys to get going again. I was getting better untill I went for a swim and didn't realise I need to stand on the board to get her back up. Next time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived