Nacra 430 with spinnaker!!

cruiser

One really has to wonder what is exactly going on with the phantom Narca 430. There is no mention of it on the Bric Cat Centre website? It is launched according to goose marine in WA yet no mention on the manufacturer's site?? All very odd for a new boat coming to market ..... or not?

Roscoe and Waz are still playing around with it.

They have already sold a few of them.

Briscat aren't the marketing machine that Hobie is, They are a family business where the bloke you talk to is not only the salesman, but also the guy who builds/designs/sails the boats. They seem to have a genuine love of sailing and certainly an immense amount of pride in what they produce.

I'm really exited about my new boat, the first new boat that i've ever bought!!

They sound as exited as I am, but they wont deliver it until they are satisfied that the boat performs as per their expectations.

So for now it is a phantom, but they are out on it nearly every other weekend trying to get it sorted. They are cutting a new main this week for mine and fingers crossed, it will be ready.

I'm not in a hurry though, I'd rather have it later and right than early and rushed...... Thats from a Far North Queenslander though!!!

[This message has been edited by cruiser (edited 12 March 2010).]

[This message has been edited by cruiser (edited 12 March 2010).]

Foster Wild Cats is LWE 2/3/4 October, The Mannering Park 14ft regatta is the next weekend 9/10 October. You could try your luck against the big cats with the kite at Foster, then sail cat or sloop against the 14s the next week end. This would also give a chance to set a "draft" Yardstick for both configurations.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by richard campbell:

Hi Cruiser, I would be interested in seeing some photo's. Trying to get enough support to approach the sponsor (wife) for a grant

Richie, let me know if you get a grant from your sponsor as i will need to buy a new jacket. I will not be going to heaven and i am sure that if you get approval to get one of these maichines hell will be frozen over.

Nice boat though, perhaps they could do us a special deal for two of them (won't tell our wives though)

Re: Nacra 430 with spinnaker!!

by nacraxtreme on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:24 pm

You have all seen the new Nacra 430, want to sail one ?

NacraXtreme is offering one off discount on the newest and most cutting edge 14ft cat on the waters in Australia. 3 great models to choose from and at an unbelievable price.

This offer is only for NSW customers and will apply to the first 10 boats sold.

Models include,

Nacra 430 Clubman

- Mainsail only with fixed mainsheet block

Nacra 430 Sports

- Main and Jib with standard traveller

Nacra 430 Rocket

- Main, Jib and Spinnaker

Call me directly

James Ogilvie

0400 701 878

james@nacraxtreme.com

Originally posted by dan209:

Richie, let me know if you get a grant from your sponsor as i will need to buy a new jacket. I will not be going to heaven and i am sure that if you get approval to get one of these maichines hell will be frozen over.

Nice boat though, perhaps they could do us a special deal for two of them (won't tell our wives though)

We could get two, And leave them at lakedge house, That way the wives wouldn't know and beside that if they did find out the boats are already there waiting for us. I just hope the nights aren't cold,

• 2 weeks later...

Good question Hood. If we used measurement rating in this country it would be an easy question if specifications for the boat were published. As you know, YV yardsticks are performance based so until enough boats are sold to get data against a range of other boats we won't get anything reliable. My guess is the season after next as there will be little data with enough comparative validity from this season to allow anything much to be published for next year. Things are moving again though at YV after the retirement of John Donaldson. Four ratings for Cats were changed thius season for example.

We had the problem this Easter at the Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club when a Nacra 430 turned up to sail. We had no specifications to make a rough comparison with another class so we looked at the boat, had a discussion with some experienced sailors. It was to be sailed in sloop format. Wer had no idea whether the boat would be "sailed well" by the skipper as defined by YV. Our best guess was to give it the same rating as a Nacra 14sq. It was competing with Arrows, Taipan 4.9, Nacra 5.8, Hobie 16, Mosquito with spin. Elapsed times per lap indicated we weren't too far off the mark. An Arrow won the event with a very experienced and top of the fleet skipper. The other skippers in the event were generally mid to lower end sailors in their classes.

Anybody got any better ideas on how to determine at rating while waiting for the performance data to bubble to the surface to allow a more accurate number?

Archived