A class

Jules

Att Shwell,

Thanks heaps for the advise, I might have found a good boat, AUS 704, down your way, too far unfortunatly for me to go and have look, but looking good from photos.

[This message has been edited by Jules (edited 19 August 2007).]

A classes are similiar to cars (sort of) in that when a new model comes out, the previous models become cheaper. In terms of club racing or even domestic titles, they are fine, but you wouldn't see many MK 3/4 sail at the worlds.

Boyer builds good strong boats, so theres nothing wrong with the older ones, just been replaced with a later model.

Mk 4 are around the year 2000 mark, and I would go for one of these, if you can find one. I just tried to buy the moulds for the Mark 4 but missed out.

Regards

Matt

Jules, look for one that's been kept out of the sun. Mark 3's market value are several k below Mark 4's for a similiar performing boat. Look for a boyer built boat as they are impeccable and there's plenty around.

They are definately not fragile and are no more expensive than any other boat, assuming you don't abuse it. There is also a good second hand market in sails, masts etc..

http://www.users.bigpond.com/aiadca/for_sale.html

You will see some there and you can ask around for second hand ones. After owning a few A-Class cats I would say they are more fragile than a Hobie or Nacra, but if sailed correctly there are no issues.

You just have to be more careful.

They are a great single hander and if I had more time and room I would get one again in a heartbeat.

hi i have a mk3 hull 671 4 sale

Aus 671 last of Mk3's kevlar hulls,with bow covers,carbon mast (with all new rigging) asby sails, boards and rudders (with covers)beach rollers,boat in top condition,lots of spares new ropes,rigging on weight great boat for a starter that are getting into the class boat is in brisbane $4100

contact jake for more info 0421997568 or email jakey84@hotmail.com

yes it is built by boyer, and no it doesnt come with a trailer i have been using our hobie 16 trailer to transport it around.., only reason in selling it is because was planing to do nats and worlds in it but cant sail them now... give us a call on 0421997568 or 33957404 thanks

jake

Yes the ones on Ebay are Mk5, hes got a reserve on this time though, so I'm sure he will chasing a bit more money than the Mk4 moulds made. Which is fair enough too, like hes says, the owner could still have a very competitive boat. And I think this one has all the templates and things with it as well.

The Tornado moulds he had are on permanent loan to the Tornado Association now.

Regards

Matt

• 1 month later...

Originally posted by shwell:

Jules, look for one that's been kept out of the sun. Mark 3's market value are several k below Mark 4's for a similiar performing boat. Look for a boyer built boat as they are impeccable and there's plenty around.

They are definately not fragile and are no more expensive than any other boat, assuming you don't abuse it. There is also a good second hand market in sails, masts etc..

Let us know when you're down and will go for a sail

Originally posted by Jules:

Att Shwell,

Thanks heaps for the advise, I might have found a good boat, AUS 704, down your way, too far unfortunatly for me to go and have look, but looking good from photos.

[This message has been edited by Jules (edited 19 August 2007).]

Archived