Sailors near Toowoomba

manderson

Does anyone know of many sailors near Toowoomba in South East QLD? There don't really seem to be many around from what I can tell, aside from a Doctor I knew for a while. I see plenty of motor-boats sticking out of garages, but not many sail boats. Just interested in finding out if there are many around....you know, they might be good people to hang around and hope some of the sailing skills rub off.

• 2 weeks later...

I sailed regularly at Cooby Ck reservoir 20 min out of Toowoomba. The club had about 30 members sailing anything and everything, P/tiger, Hobie 16/ L/W Sharpie, TS 16, Finn etc. The Army sailing club (Oakey base) also sailed there mid week everybody was welcome. It has been some years but hopefully they are still active, Wivenhoe is, as mentioned, only an hour away, and had an active club. Make a few calls, good luck. Darcy.

• 1 month later...

Cheers JimB

Yes we sail each fortnightly Saturday at Hays Landing on the Northern side of Wivenhoe Dam. Have a variety of boats currently racing including A class, Nacra 16sq, Nacra 430, Nacra 14sq, Taipans, Calypso 4.4, and Haines Trailer Tri.

I invite you or anyone else to come out and have a sail with us and enjoy our piece of paradise on the banks of Wivenhoe Dam. Also the Winvehoe Winter Marathon preparations are in full swing for the Queens Birthday Weekend.

• 3 months later...

Archived