Year Made

pumba

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the 4.0m boats went to hire fleets, the mk1 4.0 was not fitted with a traveller and required a vang, the mk2 sport had the rear beam with integrated traveller track, I have no idea when your boat would have been built, not that age matters with a Mari (The oldest Mari No 16, is still 1 of the best performers). Most of the raced 4.0m boats ended up with 4.3 rigs, (easier to procure 2nd hand), therefore the sail No could be of a donor boat.

• 1 year later...

Good score there Nix.

My Mari 4.0s has rainbow sail No 469 but the big D advises that it would not be the original so who knows its exact age. Mine has the name SEAMACH BOATS cast in the upper hull. Don't know if this dates it at all as I believe the moulds passed through different manufacturers over the years. Maybe they all have this name, I don't know.

Ross

Mine has 'sea mach boats' in the hulls also, there is also a seamach sticker on the front cross bar, mine is also a 4.3.

Can you get the maricat 4.3 sticker for the hulls? as I'm going to do a overhaul on the boat, repair dings and reprint ect..

Archived