Newbie needs Cat

Moaiman

Hi Guys,

I'm looking out for a 2nd hand cat. Around $1000 + to spend. Any tips on what to look for? On the following Kula Kats, Maricat Kaper Cat. I want to be able to set up/ sail by myself at times. I'm on the Sunshine Coast and have seen some already. Soft hulls, missing parts, broken rudders, poor condition sails or too dear have stopped me so far. I sail a Hobie Adventure Island trimaran at the moment and want something faster .Thanks for any replies!

Hit ebay; category; boats; section, sailboats, price low to high:

This Maricat in Sydney at $600 looks sweet, maybe too far away from you: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sailing-Catamaran-Trailer-/290628091740?pt=AU_Boats&hash=item43aac8bf5c

KittyKat relic at $850 in Brisbane. Not a racing boat. Make sure it has proper rudders: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sailing-Catamaran-Trailer-/290628091740?pt=AU_Boats&hash=item43aac8bf5c

Shortlisting any 14' cat that is complete; no bits missing, all working ready to sail. Bonus if you can get Maricat, Hobie or Windrush, as then you can race other boats.

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought a Nacra 5.2. I am looking forward to my first sail. Whilst I don't know a lot I'm up for the challenge.

Once I get the hang of it in protected waters, I'll be heading out from Mooloolaba then up to Old Woman Island and back.

Bit disappointed about the forum in that there was only one reply .Cheers

Hi Moaiman,

dont think anyone meant to be rude by not posting on your thread. There are quite a few of these threads and most people want the same thing.. cheap with all the options! Best to have a scan accross the forum first.

Hope you enjoy the 5.2 !!

Whats the sail number and what sort of condition is it in?

Chris

Archived