Walpole sailing

Scuttlebutt

I headed to the deep south of western australia this weekend to sail on the beautiful nornalup inlet at walpole, this was an informal regatta hosted by the denmark sailin club, what a fantastic stretch of water. dead flat right next to the ocean so when the sea breeze finally kicked in it was fantastic!!

8 windrush 1 maricat and a hobie 16. 6 races in 2 days we had a blast and some of the shiftiest conditions i have sailed in since sailing in canberra.

the locals made us feel very welcome and it was great to sail in a fleet!! al be it only 10 boats.

well done justin and the boys from down there. thanks for the invite, it was nice to see how the old maricat performed against a fleet.

regards mark

Not bad, i see from the facebook page for the club that there are some nice new mylars. Are you going to the Easter States?

If so can you ask how many would be willing to travel to NSW for a Nationals next year? We were looking at the Australia day long weekend and doing a 4day regatta on Lake Macquarie with the Maricats.

Cheers Michael

Yes I have borrowed a boat for Easter! am really looking forward to mixing it in a fleet.

I did mention the Nats to the boys down south and will promote it at easter.

The fleet down there have some very nice boats!! lots of good sails and light foam hulls. My old beaten up Mari looked a bit shabby next to them but it held it's own.

Mark , Not sure if "held its own " is quite the right phrase , your modesty does you credit , I would have said you kicked our butt !! Rumour has it there have been lots of searches on the net for good heavy maricats !!

Great to have some different faces on the water , thanks for coming down.

Rgds Roger

Archived