How do you stop all the spam threads ruining this forum ?

George II

Hi, I love reading about all the cat sailing activites from around the country , BUT recently the forum seems to be being hijacked by overseas spammers . I am sure the administrators are trying to keep on top of it but is there an easy answer ?

Does this sort of thing happen on other forums as well ? the only other one I use seems to be clear of these idiots at the moment .

hope someone out there has the answers to help keep this a great CAT sailing forum .

rgds George II

Hi, I love reading about all the cat sailing activites from around the country , BUT recently the forum seems to be being hijacked by overseas spammers . I am sure the administrators are trying to keep on top of it but is there an easy answer ?

Does this sort of thing happen on other forums as well ? the only other one I use seems to be clear of these idiots at the moment .

hope someone out there has the answers to help keep this a great CAT sailing forum .

rgds George II

Just keep reporting the posts as you see them as spam using the ! in a black triangle on the bottom left of each post from them.

Another sailing forum I'm a member of asks you some simple questions about what you sail and where you are when you try to join and it rarely gets spam. You need to be able to write correctly before you even get in. The minor downside which I happily accept is the people that don't join because they don't want the loss of privacy and the delay in getting accepted

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the latest downtime,

We have moved everything to a new server, I am hoping this will fix alot of the issues some people have been having,

We also now have a spam bot and this seams to be working alot better than what we used to have :)

Thanks,

Robert Nixon

Archived