16ft Mosquito advice??

Matt15

Considering an upgrade from the Kulacat and um & arh'ing on afew Cats being advertised atm.

There's a nice looking 16ft Mosquito being sold.

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience with these to list afew pros and cons for me?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Note with certainity that the step of an extra 40 mosquitos under the merc's bonnet will help it hum throughout winter. Moreover, Mosquito's are a fantastic boat but generally made out of marine ply and not f/glass, as such look out for wood rot and other associated deteroriation particuraly at load points. You might also consider a Hobie 16 which, with good reason, are indeed immensely more popular. Good luck.

I seem to have read somewhere the winterizing steps for the 180 SE 255hp is slightly different than the 215hp version.

Does anyone know what steps are different... please be specific as Im trying to learn this as a newbie.

Thanks,

Rob

1974 asian games manageress

50 classic games ds

50 states games interrogate

8y games canon

aarp games and puzzles

aarp games eggz

aarp games accessible after

aarp games jigsaw

aarp games mahjongg dimensions

abc arcade free internet games video

abcya games fundamental students

addicting games

addicting games preposterous examination answers

addicting games face-off

agame free online games kids games

all piece games online

all the games in the exultant

andkon 1000 let off games action games

What dribble shit is this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies guys. The Mozie site has loads of info so lots of reading to do there. Thx for the link No Turbulence. Good to see there's a nice support base too for parts and advice.

Looks like this thread has been attacked with BS SPAM :(

Hi Matt

I sail a mossie at southport

These are quite a good boat

They are light so can be sailed one or two man

I will be sailing out of southport on the next weekend for the Gold Coast cat weekend

So come down for a look

We are growing in fleet numbers in qld with three now on the water with another three with interest in beening built

Even the southern states numbers are growing

I have only started sailing Mosquitos two months ago

For any call drew Qld mosquito guy

His info on the web site theracingcat.com.au go to the Qld section

On that web site if you go to the forum it will have all the answers for you

If you come down to the coast make sure you have a look and it would be good to have a chat

Brett 1756

Fast Energy

Gold Coast

Hey Brett thanks for your reply too.

After a disapointing 3hr round trip today and $$$ spent on cancelled bank cheque & fuel i'm sad to say that I won't be joining the Mozquito fleet any time soon. I'm really bummed about it too, as I was super excited about the boat and brand. The boat looks great and comes with some great gear but unfortunately needs alot of work and replacing ropes/tramp and other bits and pieces before you could really sail her.

More $$$$ and time than I can afford at the moment unless the owner comes to a much lower price.

Also hair raising to see the rubber bearing seals on the inside of the axel to have come away from the rim thats covered in oil. Not sure it would have lasted the trip back to Brisbane.

If anybody knows of any other 16ft/18ft cats in the Brisbane/SunshineCoast/GoldCoast areas for sale in great nic let me know.

Cheers Matt

There's a Calypso 16 up that way for $2000, looks pretty good.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pialba/sail-boats/calypso-16-catamaran-plus-trailer/1015446899

They get a pretty bad wrap the old Calypsos for their weight (Less than a Hobie 16) but if you're after a strong solid boat that will last longer than anything else then I'd say it worth a look (Yes, I'm a biased Calypso owner)

I love to checkout the Calypso but Harvey Bay is alittle far atm.

I had a look at the Nacro 'madaboutcats' talking about this afternoon. Looks a fantastic boat and in great cond for the $$$$. The owner is also very honest with the sales information in that the tramp and main sail need a stitch. Easy work to repair at low cost to buyer really but the 5.8 is a pure monster. I don't even think this would fit beside my house - street parking with a wheel lock only lol

Hey Brett thanks for your reply too.

After a disapointing 3hr round trip today and $$$ spent on cancelled bank cheque & fuel i'm sad to say that I won't be joining the Mozquito fleet any time soon. I'm really bummed about it too, as I was super excited about the boat and brand. The boat looks great and comes with some great gear but unfortunately needs alot of work and replacing ropes/tramp and other bits and pieces before you could really sail her.

More $$$$ and time than I can afford at the moment unless the owner comes to a much lower price.

Also hair raising to see the rubber bearing seals on the inside of the axel to have come away from the rim thats covered in oil. Not sure it would have lasted the trip back to Brisbane.

If anybody knows of any other 16ft/18ft cats in the Brisbane/SunshineCoast/GoldCoast areas for sale in great nic let me know.

Cheers Matt

Hey Matt

Sorry to here about your wasted trip, I think that guy coated the hulls in gold he only paid $1500 for what you saw yesterday 3 mths ago. I didn't relies you were going for a look otherwise I would of mentioned this earlier. The Nacra 5.8 as suggested by madaboutcats would be a grait buy if your wanting to coast around or club race, fast but stable boat, allot of fun and you cant go wrong.

Cheers

Damo

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed ur reply Damo. Yep the Mozzie was certainly coated in gold, thx for the extra info on it too. I see the seller has relisted with the same speel and mentions nothing about the bearing shot trailer, water sitting in hulls or the ripped and worn tramp. His story was very different too to what you have mentioned.

If anybody is interested to see this Mozzie send me a PM as I have good photos of the things I mentioned. Still a good buy for the right price.

Archived