Mari WRECKING

interested

Wrecking a MkII Mari.Have bits and pieces for sale going CHEAP.

*Complete Jib set up - incl everything from stays to cleats

*Tramp with jib controls in centre of tramp (tramp needs small repair)

*Mari Trapese set up (plastic coated wires) - complete

*Mari Mast  -average condition

*Rear MkII Beam complete with traveller

*MkII Boom -either bare boom or complete with all controls downhaul/Vang/main block.

*Dolphin Striker

*Complete Rudder /Steering set-up with extendable pole(new Highfield levers)

ALL parts at bargain prices ..(snapped DS Cable and Cat front beam folded and punctured rear beam thru hull)

Basically a complete MkII SS but no front beam or hulls.

I have purchased a different Cat so no need for Mari parts.

Will be good to see you and any others at the KK..

Not sure on Hcaps ,the Windy only came with old white sail so I am looking for a Windy race sail asap.

For any others the Kembla Klassic offers 4 races over 2 days on Lake Illawarra with camping facilities on club grounds available at PKSC.Plenty of 14ft Cats will be there so put it in your race calendars.

Is that the boat, I didn't know that BBC built a set of foam hulls with bungs in them. Did the manufacturer get told about the issue you had with the rear beam mounting. I am genuine with the question or did you have an accident which caused the problem.

Dolphin Striker Cable snapped causing the front beam  to snap at DS under mast  then rear hull section was torn apart at beam mounting as the 2 hulls folded up.Its a common Maricat problem I have been told and was informed that the first thing I SHOULD HAVE done was replace DS Cable before racing and replace the cable every 2-3 years..I wont be getting another Mari .

Dolphin Striker Cable snapped causing the front beam to snap at DS under mast then rear hull section was torn apart at beam mounting as the 2 hulls folded up.Its a common Maricat problem I have been told and was informed that the first thing I SHOULD HAVE done was replace DS Cable before racing and replace the cable every 2-3 years..I wont be getting another Mari .

It's not a 'Maricat' problem, it is the same for every cat which has a dolphin striker wire.

What do you expect to happen?

Either the beam is going to break, or the next supporting item down the chain.

When your 3yo shroud breaks and the rig falls down, do you blame the mast?

Replacing standing rigging - which includes sages wire dolphin strikers, bridles, etc - every 2 years is cheap easy maintenance. I'd wouldn't be surprised if an insurance company refused to pay out for lack of care and laziness on an owners part.

Tasker or Barracouta - I thought Tasker were done by Sail Solutions, they are certainly low cost but you do get what you pay for.  I had a Mari sail made by them, it was smaller than it should have been although I did get some good sailing results with it.

Are you going to race with the Windy class, if so I think you have to have manufacturers sails - the other Rohan ("Rohan the Windy", as opposed to "Rohan the Sail") may comment here.

Barracouta sails is our local sailmaker (not Sail Solutions) that most of our club members use,his name is Neil Tasker.Top quality sails in Sth Sydney area at a great price.If other classes he provides is any sort of indicator they will be V/good.

As far as Windy State titles etc I dont think I have time to fit them in with Sharpie Titles and the odd sail in the 16 fleet on Sundays at IYC so no dramas in using a sq top and "Coutta" jib at club level.

Archived