Shout out to Brisbane Catamaran Centre

madboutcats

If you want to feel good about the price for Nacra sails get a quote for Hobie Tiger sails from Hobie, I considered purchasing an F18 and got a quote on all the major F18 sails to help me decide on what boat, all I can say is holy sh@#%#t.

You can purchase F18 sails from any sailmaker. Just so you know. Theres no reason to purchase hobie sails when the Tiger class is pretty much dead. Thats the beauty of F18, you have options even tho the manufacturers might tell you otherwise.

Having said that the Brisbane Cat center do a great job. Some of the prices are out of they're hands and im sure the margins they make on things like sails are small.

Yeah you can purchase sails from any sailmaker but you then cannot race your class in state or national level meaning I own a nacra and have to run nacra sails at nacra events 3800 for a main (without battens) 1100 for a jib and 1900 for a kite,I think your hobie sails would be cheaper

Its a simple problem to solve. Most infusions new or second hand will come with a set of class sails. Run your f18 gear all year until your once a year class states or nationals. Then pull out your unused nacra gear for the nacra event, if thats what your interested in. Your expensive nacra sails will last for 10 years if you do this, and you'll always have a fast barely used set. That way you'll have more money to spend on cheaper and quite often faster f18 sails, if you want to get that serious. Hobie sails are a very similar price by the way. 

This is what we used to do with our F16 viper. The only problem was going back to the factory sails was always a bit of a disappointment.

Archived