Caper cat 14

Hi guys,

I brought a Caper cat 14 last year and it needs some reapirs, what i was wondering is does anyone know where i can get a parts list from that is the first step to working out what i need, also i need a new tramp for it can anyone tell me where i could get one from, also i' having trouble trying to get some bolts out of the hull as they are seized wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to remove them as i need them out to remove the old tramp any infomation will be greatly appreciated.

LR Sails have all the Calypso and Caper Cat Parts now http://www.lrsails.com.au/

There's a guy on this forum called Norman Jones who hoards catamaran parts and usually has heaps of caper cat spares for cheap.

Not sure how to loosen the bolts, I assume you're talking about the bolts holding the beam on and to replace a trampoline you shouldn't need to take them out. You should just be able to unlace the tramp and slide it out. You might need some silicone lube to help. If the tramp is really stuck in there and beyond further use you can use a knife to cut it out of the tracks, slicing the bolt rope.

Robbie

HI Sailor Wal

What Robbie said!

I have dealt quite recently with both LR Sails (Russ and Luke) and Norman. Very helpful.

Russ has the patterns and can make you a new tramp to order. He made one for me inside a week. Terrific service.

Russ is at Deception Bay and Norman is at Maroochydore.

If you boat trailer axle needs attention, I can tell you where mine was fixed.

Doug

PS Where are you located?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replys,

Robbie after your comment I went home and looked at the tramp and worked out how to get it off so i can replace thanks and yes the bolts i was talking about are the ones that hold the beam on.

Doug, I live in townsville, and thanks for the reply i will be in contact with LR sails in the next couple of weeks to order my new tramp.

thanks heaps the infomation supplied.

I know the question asked might have sounded a bit silly but the only sail craft I have delt with are corsairs and Envys so the cats are a bit of a new thing for me but i cant wait to get it on the water.

Josh

Hi guys,

I brought a Caper cat 14 last year and it needs some reapirs, what i was wondering is does anyone know where i can get a parts list from that is the first step to working out what i need, also i need a new tramp for it can anyone tell me where i could get one from, also i' having trouble trying to get some bolts out of the hull as they are seized wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to remove them as i need them out to remove the old tramp any infomation will be greatly appreciated.

Norman here.....my phone is 0754796111 . What parts do you need ?

Archived