Toukley Next weekend

Scuttlebutt

I was looking forward to the weekend, but once again was plagued by some bad luck with a tyre shredding itself while traveling on the F3/M1 heading to Mannering Park on Saturday. post-198069-0-80676700-1396162275_thumb.post-198069-0-92782300-1396162276_thumb. Having no spare it took a while to get sorted.

Having been bitten once I thought it would be a good idea to change the other tyre as well once I got back to Sydney, they had previously appeared in a similar state and I was going to replace them across winter -- that much excitement is quite the motivator. It turns out that while the other wheel was good except for a little surface rust on the outside, the second one was shot. The only wreckers I could find open on Sunday (today) had about a 1000 cars and only one with the correct layout, a Ford from the 60s. Hopefully I can get it sorted this week -- might have to work how to change hubs.

The joy of boat ownership, you learn so much, and sometimes it is about sailing :-)

Looked like a good weekend for sailing, 

If you weren't there you missed a great w/end. Both days had light to medium, consistent, breeze, 3 sprint races (miss the start and your race was over) back to back at Manno on Saturday (Marko dominant), then a good long race Sunday at Toukley where the 14s had a race worth watching, Mark and Mick Coalcliff, Dave and Ethan Micalleff all within 50 metres for 100 minutes of racing. Ethan first across the line, but not far enough to beat Mark then Mick on yardstick.

Once again, Maris were the bulk of the fleet both days. The Kersh team won the day overall on yardstick, sailing on their own in clean air after tough competition from Brad and Ryan (H18) ended with a dropped rig. 

Archived