Taipan 4.9 catamaran cat or sloop 2010 No 345

Tripletach

This Taipan 4.9 is AHPC factory built in 2010, Sail No 345. It has only had light use and meticulously maintained. It has AHPC sloop sails in near new condition maybe used half a dozen times. The AHPC Cat main has a couple of seasons work but in very good competitive condition. There is both centre and rear sheeting systems included as well as light transport covers and the factory heavy duty all weather cover which can be fitted with the mast rigged.

Also included are cat hauler balloon beach wheels and an as new 2012 Mackay no tie trailer registered in SA with 2 sail boxes, a spare wheel and jockey wheel. Available in Adelaide.

$13,500

post-24052-0-82641200-1411045737_thumb.j

This one

067 is a proven fast boat with regular top ten results in important regattas.  It is worth noting that our reigning national champion sails AUS70, and the top two at the last Vic states (which had a bigger fleet than the nationals) were AUS 70 and AUS 80.

337 I haven't seen but it is a similar age to the boat this thread was about and has a new mast.

065 isn't listed but Dave the owner has just updated to a newer boat.  This boat is in line to get some work done on it before hitting the market.

155 is my boat, not listed yet.  Its a wooden boat that had a make over 2 years ago.  Selling to fund the first Australian Built Taipan 4.9 in a number of years but won't be on the market for a while as I don't want to spend half the summer without a boat.

New boats can now be ordered via the details listed here

Another mint 4.9 hit the market last night (check the Taipan website).

351 was originally prepared by Dennis Baker to a really high spec with Mark Thorpe high aspect carbon rudders and was mint when he sold it 18 months ago.  At its last big event Dennis sailed this boat to 6th at the Paynesville nationals, so it obviously has legs.

Did some research over the weekend, I had written off a couple of QLD boats which have been on the market as being old ads and probably already sold.  I can't comment on either of these boats except to say that based on their sail numbers (assuming they are composite boats) they will be light.  This generation of hulls were built using the original 3 part mould which produced lighter hulls than the later two part mouldings.  The price on 139 has now been reduced to $8500 ono.

AUS139 -$8500 ono

Taipan 4.9 cat rig and sloop rig, 1 pin top sail, 2 big head sails, 1 jib, 2 spinnakers, Mackay trailer, no tie system, 2 sail boxes, custom boat cover, beach wheels, very well maintained. Ready to race Location: Bundaberg, Queensland
Name: Len Woodward
Email: woodward.family@bigpond.com.au

Telephone: 0407034607

AUS163 - $9000

Taipan 4.9 for sale, Overall refit 3 years ago including new blue trampoline, ropes, blocks etc. 1 set of sails in good condition with square top main. Queensland registered mackay trailer with spare and 1 sailbox. comes with beach rollers, although they could do with some love. Location: Brisbane, QLD
Name: jenni
Email: jennirichards@hotmail.com
Telephone: 0416118135

I'll post this up in a separate ad soon, but in case anyone is following this thread, AUS 071 is now on the market. Setup with everything for cat or sloop rig, spare sets of foils, traveling covers and bunches of other stuff. New tramp last year. 1 season old Ashby main and a goodall also, 2 jibs, gal trailer with two huge storage boxes. Brisbane. $7500.

Archived