Lake Macquarie Winter series, Cats Welcome

darcy1945

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I take it the wangi sailing club mentioned is the one next to the bowling club, 1 o'clock start, am I right.

If so I'm looking to be there shite and briney saturday n ready to sail. Just went and checked it out this arvo, never sailed there before, looks OK (for the lake)

Phil

Google Maps: Wangi Wangi NSW rsl

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=taralga+nsw&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=au&ei=z9vuScv8BI2PkAXcq_yaDw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

Watkins road Wangi.

The sailing club is just beside the RSL - plenty of room at the club, nice grassy area to rig/launch, hot showers at the sailing club, jugs of beer at the RSL.

If you're ever there for breakfast, do it - also the little shopping centre over the road does real nice bacon butties too.

The Careel 18 Nationals have been there pretty much for ever!! - since people complained that the Pittwater sailers had an advantage at Pittwater!.

yeah RSL not bowling club what was I thinking, I had deliveries to Rathmines during the week so I went and had my lunch at Wangi to check it out. Anyone whos sailing I'll see you there.

What is the go with all the windrush 18 foot skiff trimaran hydrids around the corner from wangi SC though?

Phil

They are 505's converted into trimarans using Windrush hulls... see Shane Russell... aka tinkerer...

I am unfortunately tied up with civilised winter sailing activities onboard various yachts (much less of this getting wet business). Last weekends ride was Wasabi - 40ft of carbon fibre beauty. This week a Sydney 38 on saturday and a magic 25 on sunday...

First day done - well done - nice sailing, in fact, thanks to Rimmo's sail very very nice sailing. methinks if I can steal the money from the housekeeping over the next six months there might be some changes to the pecking order at Mannering Park.

Well done to Wangi for putting on a WINTER (remember really really cold - NOT) series.

See you next fortnight albeit with my slow sail.

KO

• 2 weeks later...

Was there Jimbo was a bit blowie did'nt even make the 1st mark n I was going over the nose of the boat, twice. Then I said buggerit, lets get back to that beer garden. Only one nacra finished the course. Still better than staying home though n helping the dragon with the gardening. Will get her to knit you a nice beige cardigan though jimbo for you to wear wilst having that nice hot cocoa by the heater.

Once again a typical mannering park maricat

no show. Just one maricat (me) from tanilba to fly the maricat flag or even the 14 foot flag.

Phil

I was planning to sail Wangi on Sat. Slept on the Tramp of the 4.5 in a Wangi park on Fri after driving down from Brisbane. It was an uncomfortable night with the cold and the wild wind with only a sleeping bag and a tarp thrown over the mast.

Decided racing wasn’t going to happen with 30 kt plus bullets going off at 6.30 am so I drove to Canberra for the winter series. Bloody lake was closed with Blue green algae.

That's a real bummer NJ.

My daughter lived on the top floor of her unit block and we contemplated using a couple of mainsheets to let stuff down (she moved out on Sat) but the wind was so high that one of the neighbours would have had a mattress in the living room!! Had to use the lift (just like normal people!).

I heard 37 knots on the Harbour, one guy couldn't pick his crew up because the undersized outboard could move his boat into the wind!

I finished the weekend with a spot of post and rail fencing, nearly finished though.

Oh, daughter's flatmate has a 50" flat panel tv, bugger weighs about 40kgs - I had to get it out of the truck and into our storage at home on my own, the gym helped though, back still in one piece!

See you in a fortnight.

• 2 weeks later...

hoooohya - very nice day today (30/5).

nearly caught Chris who held first place for, but a fleeting moment, until the bloody Contenders snuck in there!!

bit of sun, bit of wind, few bullets, little bit of rain - niiiiice sit in the spa afterwards (40 degrees, even in the rain).

next time is THREE weeks time - fortnight after Toukley.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived