Windrush 14 tramp fitting

Kiwi Steve

Ki ora i recently acquired a run down surfcat 14 that had been abandoned and i've been repairing it over the winter and getting ready to try sailing for the first time !!!!!!!!

The tramp needed re stitching which i had done by a local upholsterer but when i feed the rope into the runners on the side i get about 1/3 of the way down and it unzips out again.  i checked with the upholsterer and he didn't change the rope that was on the tramp.

Can anyone tell me is this a common thing and you just have to struggle with it or is something wrong with the tramp rope.IMG_4514.PNG

Thanks in advance and im getting pretty excited to get the boat on the water now.

Cheers Steve

IMG_4368.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Try testing it on one side first as a dry run , to make sure its not a rope or track issue ?  does it still fall out ?  the tension on these can be huge to begin with and need a bit of time to adjust.

I have restitched before and it lasted 15 years but was a bugger to put on after coming back from the sail maker. replaced with a new "one piece" from windrush which was also tight to fit and took a bit of time to settle in. 

Hey Guys thanks for the replies, sorry for late response forgot my password :) 

I managed to get the tramp in with three guys helping but it unzipped and i fell through when i sat on it !!!!!!  Do you know what thickness the rope is supposed to be as I'm wondering if its the wrong size?  track looks fine and it pulls out on front and sides.

Cant really afford a new tramp at the moment.

Cheers Steve