Tuggerah Lakes

Emmessee

Is there still sailing out of the Tuggerah Lakes Memorial Sailing Club?

I am considering which club to sail from with the PT and there is Mannering Park and Concord as well as Koonawarra Bay.

I live in Mosman and wish there was something closer for cat sailing. I know there is Kurnell but that is like going to Port Stephens. It seems hours to get to, and once there not much for the wife and kids to do.

Originally posted by TornadoSport260:

Steve,

Wats ur avg. speed on that glebe to kurnell trip. Im in Ramsgate and its still 20mins from here and from Ultimo to my place on a sunday is 30mins.

About 100km/h.

The people in the club house you are sailing are pretty friendly.

Im at Kurnell with my mossie and I found it to be pretty reasonable(competition wise).

If your unsure the best thing to do is to spend a day racing at each club and decide for yourself.

Originally posted by TornadoSport260:

Steve,

Wats ur avg. speed on that glebe to kurnell trip. Im in Ramsgate and its still 20mins from here and from Ultimo to my place on a sunday is 30mins.

Hi Michael, I take the Cross city tunnel then exit at South Dowling St to head south...... on the speed limit all the way which is mostly 70 to 80 kph.

At Ramsgate I guess you will be bringing the big T down this season hey :)

• 2 weeks later...

Come pay us a visit at Toukley http://www.geocities.com/toukleysc/ 18 cats & 14 cats (& 4 monos sailed by the juniors)for the two race days this year .Last season we ended with 20-30 cats each week by the end of the season. As for Wangi Wangi - its on the western side of lake macquarie towards Toronto.

[This message has been edited by Hairbear (edited 24 September 2007).]

Archived