Nats 07/08

humungus2

Agree wholeheartedly Bernie, some people should learn diplomacy or keep their stupid and detrimental remarks to themselves. There should be, (now that there are enough foamies), 2 separate lots of results and champions, to retain interest and encourage old boats and new sailers to compete at Nats level.

Well done to the Port Stephens Yacht Club. The courses and starts were fantastic. The people there are very friendly and made everyone feel welcom. The Nacra boys were great. Thanks to everyone. I can only hope we get the same profesionalism at the next regatta.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pleb

"pleb - one of the common people"

Nothing wrong (or undiplomatic) with this.

The manufacturer appears to have created an alternative Maricat that performs differently. If you want to be at the front this is the boat you need to own and sail. The cost of this compared with the 'original' is not insignificant.

The ornery people don't need to be part of this if they continue to sail the original then they continue to enjoy one design racing in company.

KO

A set of hulls will bring you up with the current National Champ. The Second and Third placings were both new hulls and not new boats. In any class the newer boats always have the edge on the old boats. Even a new sail will give you a huge edge. There are still plenty of older boats sailing.

Anyone who wants to win will at least give them selfs a chance by purchasing a new sail. Anyone who wants to sail around with and lean have fun or just be a part of a State or National Title will jump on their boat now and then and won't spend a cent on it untill they have to after something breaks. I spend at least an hour a week getting close to my boat whilst it's on the trailer. Its not about the cost, it the pleasur. Personly I get my pleasure form tough compertition and winning. I don't often enjoy just going out for a sail.

ARN"T WE LUCKY WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.

• 6 years later...

Bringing up the past here I know, but I am trying to find out the results of the Nats held at Port Stephens for 2008, the link in this post is no longer valid.  Would someone have the results somewhere for me, (still trying to track down this sloop trophy).  I know Mick won Cat rigged, I know Merly won Super sloop, help me out with sloop here guys.

Cheers

Phil

President NSW/ACT Maricat Assoc

Ok done some more digging into the backs of Maricat History, so narrowing it down somewhat, 2006 (manno) sloop was won by John Merl (crew was not stated), 2007(Port Stephens) was won by Rodney and Zac, 2008 (Brisbane) was not contested, 2009 (manno) was won by Tony and Aime Zahra, 2010 (Tanibla) was won by Rob Fowler and his daughter Jade,  2011 (Batemans Bay) was not contested, 2012 (Carcoar) was not contested  Come on guys someone has it.

Could be, I read somewhere else in these old forums that there was a bit of to and fro that certain peoples were going to protest a certain boat at thoses titles cause it had no front inspection ports, that certain boat may have been built like it to conceal the trophy inside it.

(I'm pissing in the wind here guys, I dont for a minute feel that the missing trophy is sealed inside a boat OK)

and the protest was a non event anyway, storm in a teacup, by sailors with too much time on his hands,  their hands  I said their hands did'nt I?

Archived