Nacra 430 launched-specials on first 10 sold

• 3 weeks later...

Finally someone came out with a new 14ft that's not ridiculously priced (aka the AO F14).

Having said that, I'm still not sold that a Spi on a 14ft cat is the way to go. Its just to 'complicated' to sail, for the market that are buying 14ft cats. And I'm not about to put the Windy up forsale to buy one.

Will be interesting to see how many end up at the NSW 14ft regatta's.

I'd expect it to be quicker Supersloop. Frankly I'd be worried if the latest design technology couldn't produce something faster than a boat designed in the 70's.

Bring it up to NSW for the Koonawarra 14ft Regatta next year, will be the top Paper Tigers, top Maricats and top Windrush so will be a good test.

I watched a great sailor take the 430 and beat hobie 16s to the top mark at Tinaroo May Day regatta, out pointed them by at least 5 degrees if not more, I believe the only 14' cat that will beat this thing, is the AO F14, but that thing is out there, and you can't do this on an AO F14.

P1000449.jpg

Mum's day and a mum on the helm (not mine) daughter on trap. This was only her 2nd time as helm.....

I'm hoping to get down to Mexico for Koonawarra, been told it's worth the drive @5400klms, It is pretty big.

Cruiser, don't listen to Michael, he just likes to tog up in all those expensive sailing clothes. The Brass Monkey has been excellent, I've sailed it twice and it's a good weekend.

Their website indicates 70 boats registered for last year's. I think most of the 14ft Cat Gliterati were there (apart from Micheal of course!).

Manno is also a big meeting so well worth attending.

Both are near Munmorah so you should catch up with your buddy for both.

KO

Don't worry, I intend to race mine in sauna sail at hazelwood in mid June. It will be freezing cold here in Melbourne but at least the water in the lake will be warm. I have asked them to register the 430 so I can enter.

Wollongong is a good 8 hour drive from Melbourne and just a bit too far for a winter regatta.

Wollongong doesn't hold the winter regatta, that's another 3hrs north at Toukley. Wollongong has a club called Koonawarra Bay ASC which run a 14ft regatta in February (http://www.koonawarrabaysc.org.au). Top notch sailors and competition, its been running for 15rs+ (from memory).

Warren won't be there this year either, he'll be freezing elsewhere (try Whitehorse in the Yukon territories of Canada)...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There's a guy, Ian I think who brought his up to Manno last weekend. Ian and his son are new to sailing and cats but hopefully he'll stick it out. It's an interesting boat, particularly when compared to the new cats that Ian Markowitch (sorry if I've got the name wrong) is involved in - three turned up last Saturday. They look like mini A's but the 430 is probably more practical and certainly has more bouyancy.

Archived