A sailor's worst nightmare?

manderson

Insurance should not go up at all as the insurance sector is preped for this with well the entire history of insurance in au as nothing this big has ever happened..

Only the lowest scum bag insurer would consider reaping profit from disaster like this... so i guess your right it'll go up :)

"best place on earth" We live in Australia so we can close our eye's and point and any direction and would be pointing at some of the best places on earth :)

crazy stuff happening up there and i hope ever one is getting the help they need... I have only been to Queensland twice and i would have to agree it i one of the best places i have ever been. ( i still love it here in Adelaide )

Big up's to all the people out there helping out like true Aussies always do and also to the visitors whom have been helping out e.g. back packer holiday makers and one lady on her 25th wedding anniversary delivering a baby in an evac centre showing that good people are every where they are needed.

yasi

Well I'm overjoyed my Taipan 4.9 made it through the cyclone unscathed (I used an empty helicopter hanger). Sitting here in the dark typing this into my Kindle with a head torch, I would have liked to see the TV footage. Water back on today so shower was good. Townsville was very lucky, after 4 hr with chainsaw my house was back in shape again.

Chocko who posts here was on another forum and said his cat was in a lockup yard and was not tied down so probably would be destroyed. other NQ and FNQ cat sailors were filling their hulls with water to hold them down - Don't know how successful that measure was.

I have to agree. I think QLD is one of the best places on earth. But I haven't been everywhere yet :)

If you can get that video to load, it shows a Marina in Port Hinchenbrook (not sure if it is the same place as that photo) where the boats are basically stacked ontop of eachother on the waters edge. It's a real mess!

On the toipic of people banding together. I was amazed when that flood went through here in Toowoomba a few weeks ago. My office block was pretty badly flooded, and our car was washed away (plenty of other people in that scenario) but what amazed me was the fact that for nearly a week, we had 40 people helping us clean up the office block, and get it back to working. Many of them had nothing to do with the offices there. Everyone just chipped in. It was quite humbling. I am confident the same thing will be happening up North.

@NACRAJON - great to hear your boat, family and house is safe. I'm sure the TV footage will be around for some time to come! Checkout Youtube when you can! and all the news sites still have the videos on there too.

Archived